Chelsea Vs. Atlético Madrid match preview
Atletico Madrid will travel to play Chelsea in their second leg of the Round of 16 in the Champions League, on Wednesday night at Stamford Bridge.
The London side got an important lone away goal in the first leg, through Olivier Giroud in the 68th minute. The Blues are heading into this game after being held a barren draw away to Leeds United in their domestic League.
The Spanish side is leading in LaLiga with 63 points after a disappointing 0-0 draw away to ten-man Getafe.
Atletico Madrid lost 1-0 in the hand of Thomas Tuchel men in the first leg of the round of 16 in their home ground and know very well they have a task ahead to redeem themselves.
- Atletico Madrid has won four, drawn four times, and lost thrice in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Los Rojiblancos have registered two clean-sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Chelsea has registered eight clean-sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- The Blues have won seven and drawn thrice in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Thomas Tuchel’s men have at least registered more than two goals once in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Diego Simeone’s side have registered three away wins in the last five matches in all competitions this season.
Chelsea Vs. Atlético Madrid Head to Head
These teams have met eight times; seven in UEFA Champions League and once in UEFA Super Cup. Chelsea have managed to bag three wins while Atletico Madrid recorded two wins. In the previous encounter, the Blues registered a narrow 1-0 win in the first leg of round 16.
Chelsea Team News
The Blues have no big injury concerns reported at the moment only to mention Charly Musonda Jr who is sidelined after he underwent a knee injury.
Atlético Madrid Team News
Diego Simeon will enjoy vast selection for the clash for there is no injury concern reported.
Chelsea Vs. Atlético Madrid Prediction
Since Thomas Tuchel took the reins in Chelsea, they have not lost at any given match, meanwhile, they are enjoying their away goal and will be fighting to progress to the next stage. Atletico Madrid On the other hand will be looking to redeem themselves through not allowing a goal from their opponent and ensure to create chances and score swiftly.
Goals – Under 2.5
Both teams have been producing less than three goals occasionally and we expect under 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Wednesday Multi Bets
Rotor Volgograd – FC Rostov
Tip: Over 1.5
Akhmat Grozny – Arsenal Tula
Tip: Over 1.5
CSKA Moscow – Zenit St. Petersburg
Tip: Over 1.5
Grimsby Town – Tranmere Rovers
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.