- Reward system
- live betting
- ‘more markets
- Match tracker and statistics
- featured matches
- English premier league that caters solely to EPL games
- An android mobile app
- No Jackpot
- Only M-Pesa as a payment mathod
Gimbet is a pretty decent bookie that has specialized its services on sports betting and more specifically football judging by how soccer has more subcategories to make soccer punters options much easier. Personally, this bookie is the first one I have come across that has a reward system on their site in terms of coins like a video game. Make no mistake though, this is not a promotion or a bonus. It’s simply a reward system where the players have daily tasks and if you meet the requirements, you are rewarded coins that can be redeemed into money.
Gimbet at a glance
This bookmarker is owned by Afreeken Technology Limited and has its operations in Kenya licenced by BCLB under the licence number BK 0000174. Gimbet is a fairly new site and is steadily gaining players owing to their above average odds.
- There is a reward system present that some players may find irresistible. In this system, there are daily tasks and benefit tasks that players can participate in and get awarded coins. Participants can find this under the mission centre.
- Has a live betting option and a notification-like feature on how many events are available to participate in each of the sports it offers under the live betting category.
- Livescore is available for those punters that like to keep track of their games.
- A ‘more markets’ feature is available for players to widen their possibilities of cashing in on their stake.
- Match tracker and statistics is also available for in play games (image)
- Has featured matches where the bookie has several pre selected matches that have somewhat boosted odds as compared to other sites. These matches are the ‘hot picks’.
- A sub-category of English premier league that caters solely to EPL games and the accompanying markets is at the home page. English premier league being the most popular league in Kenya and arguably the best in the world, it surely deserves to be treated as such.
- An android mobile app is available for its frequent users.
- Missing jackpot. Having a jackpot automatically makes any bookie worth checking out and trying your luck on the big money
- Mpesa is the only payment provider available by the bookie. The lack of an alternative may not go well with some punters who feel that the provider is a little bit expensive.
Gimbet has safaricom’s Mpesa as the sole payment provider. Nevertheless, users can register with another network provider apart from Safaricom. For you to make a deposit to your gimbet account, you have several options at your disposal to make that possible. A player can deposit directly online by inputting the amount and click ‘top up now’. You could also deposit through the paybill route on your sim toolkit using the paybill number 7142001. Another alternative method is by depositing from another mobile number(Safaricom’s) by inputting the number and selecting the amount to be deposited to the Gimbet account.
This bookie will give you a transfer free transaction for amounts of 250 kes or more by crediting your account with an amount equal to the carrier fee.
This sportsbook website version and the mobile version are exact copies of each other. Interacting with the bookie is very easy and has options shown with clarity. No unnecessary ads too. You can also opt to minimise your data usage while accessing this website by disabling auto-update of odds in live games from the settings. On top of the website you have options of different types of sports to pick from including the live matches, premier league, livescore and results among others shown in icons. You will definitely appreciate the notification-like style of showing the number of events available right at the icon. This is a valuable feature because it helps you pinpoint ongoing and scheduled events quite fast and easy without having to actually open each category to find out.
Gimbet customer support desk can be contacted directly by calling them through their number 0111033333 or by emailing them at email@example.com . the bookie is working on introducing a 24 hour online livechat and shall be unveiled soon going by the information at the site at the time of writing this review. For the players having issues with their mpesa transactions like payments not reflecting, they can have their issues sorted out by clicking the ‘deposit unsuccessful’ option under the ‘need help’ and copy pasting the mpesa code to fix the mpesa transaction status.
Participants can also contact gimbet’s team through their social media accounts. The image below is a solid proof of their swift response on facebook to players enquiries.
The minimum amount allowed by the bookie as deposit is 1 kes and the maximum amount capped at 70,000 kes. This maximum value also applies to withdrawals but the minimum amount you can withdraw is 10 kes.
The total maximum daily transaction amount is 140,000 kes.
Promos and bonuses
- When a participant places 3 continuous bets during the same week, they are awarded 500 coins which is redeemed to 5 kes
- If you place 10 to 20 bets in a single month you will get 3600 coins redeemed at 36 kes.
- Referral bonus is worth 1000 coins redeemed at 10 kes.
- If the referred friend places a bet the referee gets 10,000 coins i.e 100 kes
The bookie has other similar tasks that players can participate in and earn coins including downloading their app. This reward system looks attractive on the outside but their actual value is to say the least disappointing.
The bookmarker has an Android mobile app ready for download directly from the website.
Quality of odds
The odds by this bookie are above average.1.60 in a double chance(draw or away) where the away team is the stronger one is in my opinion nice odds.
If simplicity is your thing, this bookie is worth trying out. I would totally recommend checking out Gimbet. They have almost everything you may be after with regards to sports betting.
This bookie deserves 4 and half stars. One of the best sports betting website I have come across. The odds offered especially on the goals market in the football category are quite handsome.
Can someone use another line that is not safaricom with Gimbet?
Yes. you can register with a number that is not necessarily by safaricom. The only issue that will come up is during the transactions since safaricom is the only company authorised to run transactions, so you will have to find a registered safaricom to receive and send money from the bookie’s accounts.
I’m Kanyi Muturi and am from Tabuga, a small village in Nakuru. I have been following all sports since I was a kid and have been interested in the gambling side of sports since I was in high school. It took me a little while to get a grasp on all of the different gambling terminology and understand how confusing and complicated it can all seem when you first start.
Are you a professional gambler?
I am a successful gambler. But make no mistake about it: I’m a long-time recreational sports bettor. I’m not a professional gambler. I’m not claiming to be a professional gambler. I’ve never, to my recollection, even been acquainted with a professional gambler. And far be it from me to make the preposterous claim that following my advice will turn you into a professional gambler. It ain’t about that. Not here it ain’t. I just want to teach you a new form of recreation, a fun new pastime in what can sometimes be an unfun life.