On this Thursday eight match fixtures are set to be played, whereby Iceland hosts Romania for qualification playoffs.
Georgia vs Belarus preview
Georgia and Belarus will be chasing for their first ever qualification for the European Championships this Thursday in Path D’s playoff semi-final.
- Iceland has registered three wins in their last six European Championship Qualification, lost two and drawn once.
- Romania in its 8 matches has won three games, lost three and drawn two of their European Championship Qualification.
- Romania have seen a red card during the clash against Malta which they thrashed them 4-0 as visitors.
- Romania has been the best team to score the first goal against the opponent; in their seven matches they have scored first goals in 5 matches.
- Romania is heading to the game without captain Vlad Chiriches which is a huge blow, also their attack has weakened as the results of Florin Andone and Florinel Coman are both ruled out.
- Alin Tosca should play hand in hand with Dragos Grigore in Chiriches’ absence, while Radoi could use a 4-3-3 setup again, which would mean Ianis Hagi and George Pușcaș start from bench.
Head to head
The two teams met way back in 2012 during a UEFA World Cup qualifier, a fixture that was two-legged. In the first leg, Georgia were brave enough and managed to secure a slim victory of 1-0. The return leg was a payback for Belarus who registered a 2-0 victory over the visiting Georgia.
Their recent encounter was in November 2017. Well, none of the teams accepted a defeat and went toe to toe as they shared spoils with a 2-2 draw.
This is expected to be an interesting clash and reflecting on previous matches it will be safe to say the hosts will take the day. They’ve been in fine form as they’ve not lost a single game during the ongoing Nations League’s group stages. Meanwhile, the hosts are confident ahead of the ex-Soviet Union clash, they will produce outstanding performance but are expected to fall short upfront. the two teams played out a 2-2 draw, and we predict that the history is going to repeat itself.
Bet on betway for a Georgia win at odds of 2.20 while Odibet is backing the visitors to emerge the winners with an odd of 2.23 .
Bosnia & Herzegovina – Northern Ireland
- Tip: Bosnia win, Over 1.5
Bulgaria – Hungary
- Tip: Over 1.5
Scotland – Israel
- Tip: Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.