- Multiple promos and bonus available.
- Has a contests category where its participants can create or enter contest with each other for different prize pools.
- Has a pretty decent jackpot.
- The sportsbook has live dealer casino games that are popular with online casino lovers.
- The bookie has launched an android app for its users
- Has a pretty decent website that is not overflowing with ads and unnecessary clutter
- The jackpot has too many matches that makes winning the jackpot almost impossible.
- Live Betting has too little markets to place bets on.
- No live match tracker available for participants.
- Casino has a limit on the total amount one can win and has been capped at 1,500,000 kes. This is unfair to casino gamers.
The simplistic and minimalistic outlook is the first thing you will notice about this bookie. The order, theme and clarity of its content is really cool. You will love the website even before placing any bet with the bookmarker. The sportsbook has focused its events on the major world sports including; football, basketball, rugby, tennis among others. Also, it has live events and virtual sports along with the scheduled events to increase its participants options when placing bets. Live casinos and casinos are also available for the gaming market. Under the live casino, there is a live dealer, slot, roulette, card games among others.
Bigpesa at a glance
This bookie is owned by NZ World Kenya Pvt Limited and has been licenced by BCLB to operate betting and lotteries. The sportsbook has been registered under registration licence number 0000140. Bigpesa has been operating in Kenya since 2019 so it’s a fairly new bookie and is yet to put on numbers in terms of frequent participants.
Bigpesa accepts Mpesa and Airtel money as the medium of payment to and from the players bookie’s account. The process of depositing and withdrawal has been made simple for the users as you can deposit directly from the payment providers to your account without leaving the bookies site.(image)
Bigpesa has a live chatbot that players can use to get in contact with the big pesa team. The response time is also decent and there are no delays.
The registration process is simplified enough to take as little time as possible. You get registered just by inputting your number on the prompt provided and choosing a password. Also a player can get registered by calling the number provided on the prompt at the website. It doesn’t get easier than this.(image)
The bookie has a great following on Facebook which is a good indication on how it engages with its players. As evidenced by the timely replies and comments on Facebook, it’s clear that the bookie customer support is strong.
Bigpesa has simplified its site such that you could search for the league and sport of your choice alphabetically on the menu. Also, the bookie has provided quick links for users to some of the popular products on offer such as, bonuses and favourite team fixtures.
On its menu at the home page, players and gamers will come across live games, virtual sports, casino and live casino among others. The sportsbook has also given its players the freedom of accepting or denying odds change while placing bets.
Under the virtual games, players have several options to choose from and place bets such as virtual dog races, virtual world cup among other games.
Description of promos and bonuses available to the players are listed under the promo offers section.
Has multiple promos available for both new and loyal participants.
Has an inclusive minimum stake limit that is within reach by most punters in kenya.
Mobile app available for convenience.
Mobile version does not have chatbot for contacting Bigpesa support desk.
Promo and bonuses
- Free new entry bet. This promo can only be used on a pre-selected game by the bookie.
- Multibet refund on stake played. This promotion is applicable to existing players when deposited funds exceed 30 kes.
- For deposits in excess of 500 kes through mpesa, players will receive mpesa charge cashback. This offer is only applicable when the payment provider is mpesa.
- Referral bonus. Whenever existing players refer new players to the bookie, they are awarded 50 kes. They also get to earn 20% of profits earned by the bookie from the referral for a period of 6 months
- There is a 10% increase in earnings for stakes exceeding 1000 kes and odds not more than 2
- A free jackpot bet for new players.
- For new players, they earn a 50% bonus on initial bets of 51 kes or more.
- If new players place their first bet with stake amounts between 100 kes and 500 kes, they earn 2 jackpot entries absolutely free.
Quality of odds
Average. Bigpesa giving 1.85 for a 50/50 chance is quite average.
The least amount allowed by the bookie is 10 kes while the highest is 20,000 kes. The least amount allowed to withdraw is 10 kes while the highest amount is 70,000 kes.
The sportsbook has a mobile android application ready for download at their website.
Bigpesa is a decent bookie. New players trying out this bookie will find their multiple entry level offers interesting. The jackpot is also worth trying out considering the stake is not high. The casino and the live casino though is a little bit limiting considering there is a cap placed on the total amount you can win . Overall the bookie is really attractive, especially to the new entrants.
I am inclined to give this bookie 4 stars. Too many matches for the jackpot prize. Also the cap on winnings is likely to discourage players.
BigPesa gives a free jackpot bet upon registration?
Yes. Bigpesa awards its new players 2 free jackpot bets. However at the time of writing this review, there were no free bets being offered by the bookie.
I’m Kanyi Muturi and am from Tabuga, a small village in Nakuru. I have been following all sports since I was a kid and have been interested in the gambling side of sports since I was in high school. It took me a little while to get a grasp on all of the different gambling terminology and understand how confusing and complicated it can all seem when you first start.
Are you a professional gambler?
I am a successful gambler. But make no mistake about it: I’m a long-time recreational sports bettor. I’m not a professional gambler. I’m not claiming to be a professional gambler. I’ve never, to my recollection, even been acquainted with a professional gambler. And far be it from me to make the preposterous claim that following my advice will turn you into a professional gambler. It ain’t about that. Not here it ain’t. I just want to teach you a new form of recreation, a fun new pastime in what can sometimes be an unfun life.