Up to 225% Sport Jumbo bonus
Betking is one of the local bookies that has majored in sports betting. Unlike other bookies
Like Betway and Sportpesa that have incorporated casinos as one of their products, Betking has focused on the sports betting market and more so, football for obvious reasons. Getting access to this site as a new player is as easy as it comes. Players can browse its website and products on offer even without registration and select bets. But you can only place bets once you are registered. Upon registration which is instant, Betking lets you know the promos available to you once logged in which is a cool feature. In terms of website access, Betking is the king because you are presented with options to choose your preferred mobile experience. This feature allows you to limit your data usage while making sure you don’t miss a thing.
Betking at a glance
Betking is run and owned by Entertainment Group Kenya Limited who have been licensed by BCLB under the registration license number 0000156. The bookie is also the Kenyan Premier League official betting and title sponsor which is very cool. After Sportpesa exit, a huge vacuum had been left in terms of sponsoring activities in the kenyan football league and this was felt across the league, however Betking stepped in albeit in small terms. The language of access at the sportsbook’s site is English.
- Players can choose mobile experience right from the word go upon access allowing you freedom to control how you use the website. These options are ‘mobile plus’ and ‘mobile lite’ as you can see below.
- There is an odds filter feature allowing you to view and make selections from odds of your preference, this filter is coupled up with the time range of your choice. For instance, you may prefer to view events that have a maximum odds of 1.25 within a 3 hour time frame.
- Quick bet feature present.
- Live betting is available together with the cash out feature. This gives you control of your stake even before the event concludes.
- Above average odds. On comparisons to other major betting sites, Betking odds were competitive enough especially on the 1X2 market. For instance, Portugal vs France winning odds were placed at 2.73 in Sportpesa a piece. Betking has this same event at 2.75.
- Mobile Virtual league dubbed ‘kings league’ is available.
- Statistics is available as a stand alone product and offers stats on practically every sport and league it offers.
- Quick links are available to most common products and functions like quickbet and coupon check.
- Free withdrawals from the bookie. Betking covers its players withdrawal fees in all Mpesa transactions.
- Minimum allowed betting amount has been limited at 50 kes. For the average kenyan punter, this amount is a little high considering most bookies place no limit on the minimum amount allowed.
- No mobile app is available yet.
- The Live Chat feature requires a lot of details to use. This should not be a thing once a player is logged in in my opinion.
- No casino is present.
My experience overview
In terms of navigation, Betking has to be one of the easiest sites you will come across, especially the mobile version of the website that allows you to pick your preference. Registration is also quite easy as you only require your mobile number and a password to create an account. Players can only deposit and withdraw using the Mpesa platform with no minimum deposit limits. Betking should however reduce the 50 kes minimum limit in my opinion to accommodate everyone. I liked the odds filter feature in particular because you don’t have to scroll through endless events and leagues to find odds of your preference. Though the bookie offers an accumulator bonus of 225%, you need upto 40 games to qualify for that amount. I find this a bit useless because of the high amount of games imposed making the probability of you winning very less likely rendering the ‘jumbo’ bonus unattractive. You will however find the odds quite attractive like I did. Upon depositing, betking refunds your Mpesa transaction fee on deposits more than 50 kes which is really cool.
Promos and bonuses
- Accumulator bonus of up to 225% dubbed ‘jumbo bonus’. To qualify for this bonus, players have to make a selection of at least 5 games with odds not less than 1.2. The higher the number of events the higher the bonus with 40 games qualifying for the maximum 225% on top of your potential winnings.
- In play cash out. Players can opt to take an early payout before the event concludes or is settled. The amount available for cashout will be dependent on the current odds and a player can either obtain a profit or get a portion of the stake amount initially placed.
Navigation and website structure
Navigating the betking site is quite simple but the homepage seems to be a little crowded. Main products which are the different type of sports by the bookie are placed at the left side of the homepage while other products like the livescore and statistics are placed right at the top of the site.
Another unique feature available at the Betking site is the popular bets illustration in terms of how other players are placing their bets. The bookie shows the most popular bets and what percentage of players are making which selections. If you are unsure at any point or are a newbie, you can opt to go with the masses.
Betking is a 4 star bookie if we are solely looking at its sports betting capability. The only setbacks being the packed homepage of the website and unattractive promos. If you are after high odds then Betking competes quite well with the giants and you may want to stick with the bookie. You will also enjoy the free deposits and withdrawals that the bookie covers during your transactions.
Can you place bets via USSD in Betking?
Yes. just dial *375# on the mobile phone number that you registered with and follow the command prompts that follow by entering the game ID, market and the stake amounts. For more information on how to place other bets like the multibet, visit the website.
I’m Kanyi Muturi and am from Tabuga, a small village in Nakuru. I have been following all sports since I was a kid and have been interested in the gambling side of sports since I was in high school. It took me a little while to get a grasp on all of the different gambling terminology and understand how confusing and complicated it can all seem when you first start.
Are you a professional gambler?
I am a successful gambler. But make no mistake about it: I’m a long-time recreational sports bettor. I’m not a professional gambler. I’m not claiming to be a professional gambler. I’ve never, to my recollection, even been acquainted with a professional gambler. And far be it from me to make the preposterous claim that following my advice will turn you into a professional gambler. It ain’t about that. Not here it ain’t. I just want to teach you a new form of recreation, a fun new pastime in what can sometimes be an unfun life.