VfL Wolfsburg vs. Werder Bremen Match preview
Is this match going to be the game of the week? 90 minutes of great football will determine that. Sky cameras are focused on this brilliant clash, Wolfsburg hosting Werder Bremen on matchday 9 at Volkswagen Arena in Bundesliga.
The hosts are currently sitting in 6th place in the table having beaten FC Schalke 04 0-2 in their last encounter, while the visitors are in 9th after their 1-1 draw against Bayern Munich.
VfL Wolfsburg vs. Werder Bremen Match Facts
- Wolfsburg have featured in seven Bundesliga matches this season, won thrice and drew the rest.
- Die Wölfe has just registered two clean-sheets in their last seven Bundesliga matches this season.
- Werder Bremen has registered a single clean-sheet in all eight Bundesliga this season as well.
- The River Islanders have featured in eight Bundesliga matches this season winning twice, drawn five times and lost once.
- Wolfsburg has won twice in three home Bundesliga matches this season.
- Werder Bremen has also won once in four away Bundesliga matches this season.
VfL Wolfsburg vs. Werder Bremen Head to Head
The previous encounter between the pair the match ended 1-0 in favor of Wolfsburg
Also met in DFB Pokal where Werder Bremen thrashed Wolfsburg 5-2 back in 2009.
VfL Wolfsburg Team News
Joshua Guilavogui has muscle injury while Daniel Ginczek has back concern towards the encounter with Bremen, meanwhile Gisner has a wide option to choose.
Maximilian Philipp will be campaigning for the start spot in XI, for the last match he came from bench against Schalke otherwise the squad may not be changed for it played well in that victory.
Werder Bremen Team News
Kohfeldt will miss the services of top goalscorer Niclas Fullkrug who is nursing a calf injury he picked up against Hoffenheim last month.
Milos Veljkovic is also sidelined with an adductor problem.
VfL Wolfsburg vs. Werder Bremen Prediction
Wolfsburg have not lost in the last seven Bundesliga matches, having two win streaks, previously beating Schalke 2-0. They have been in great run, while their visitors are struggling winless only recording draws. The last encounter between the two, Wolfsburg won 1-0 and this will have no difference at all.
Goals – Under 2.5
These two teams have occasionally produced less than two goals in their previous encounter; therefore chances of scoring less than two goals are likely to be on the scoreboard.
We are backing under 2.5 market to be produced in this game.
Betway are backing the goals with 2.05 while 1XBet is placing odds at 2.15
- Werder Bremen – VfL Wolfsburg 0-1 June 7, 2020
- VfL Wolfsburg – Werder Bremen 1-1 March 3, 2019
- Werder Bremen – VfL Wolfsburg 2-0 October 5, 2018
Friday multi bets
Strasbourg – Stade Rennais
Tip: Over 1.5
FC Twente – RKC Waalwijk
Tip: Twente win / Over 2.5
Tranmere Rovers – Brackley Town
Tip: Tranmere Rovers win / Over 2.5
Darmstadt 98 – Eintracht Braunschweig
Tip: Darmstadt win / Over 2.5
FC St. Pauli – VfL Osnabrück
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
SC Cambuur – FC Den Bosch
Tip: Cambuur win / Over 2.5