Chelsea vs Luton Town Match preview
Chelsea will now turn their attention to FA Cup when they host Championship side Luton in the fourth round of the competition on Sunday. The Blues have struggled in recent matches and they suffered a 2-0 loss to Leicester City in the Premier League, to see them drop eighth on the log.
Meanwhile, Luton have also had a rough start to the current season and lie 13th on the log with 33 points after 25 minutes. In their recent match, Luton suffered a 1-0 loss to Brentford as both teams finished the game with ten men.
- Frank Lampard’s men have won six of their last 7 FA Cup matches.
- The Blues have scored at least three goals in their last three FA Cup matches.
- Luton have won three of their last seven matches in all competitions, losing three while drawing once in the process.
- The visiting side has kept three clean sheets in their last seven matches in all competitions.
- Chelsea have picked three wins from their last eight matches in all competitions, losing four times while settling for a single draw.
- The Blues have only kept two clean sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- The Premier League side advanced to the fourth round of the FA Cup after beating Morecambe 4-0 while Luton beat Bournemouth 1-0.
Chelsea vs Luton Town Match Head to Head
The Stamford Bridge tie will mark the first competitive clash between the two teams.
Chelsea Team News
N’Golo Kante could miss the home tie as the match could come too soon for the Frenchman while Thiago Silva is likely to be rested.
Teammate Olivier Giroud remains a doubt as the striker has an ankle injury.
Luton Team News
The visitors will miss the services of Tom Lockyer as he is suspended after receiving a straight red card.
Martin Cranie and Eunan O’Kane remain sidelined for the Championship outfit.
Chelsea vs Luton Town Match Prediction
The Blues dismantled Morecambe in their previous round and this could be yet another game for Lampard’s men to go past Luton. Lampard could make a number of changes but is still expected to field a strong team as this game could help him ease the pressure at the Bridge.
Goals – Over 2.5
Sunday Multi Bets
Juventus – Bologna
Tip: Juventus win
Hellas Verona – Napoli
Tip: Napoli win / Over 2.5
Lazio – Sassuolo
Tip: Lazio win / Over 2.5
Boavista – Sporting CP
Tip: Sporting CP win
Saint-Étienne – Olympique Lyonnais
Tip: Lyon win / Over 2.5