Atletico Madrid Vs. Chelsea Match preview
Chelsea will travel to Bucharest to play Atletico Madrid in the Champions League clash on Tuesday at National Arena.
The Colchoneros have two winless runs in the hands of Levante home and away, last suffering a 2-0 defeat in LaLiga.
Despite Atletico Madrid losing against Levante, they are still leading the campaign with 55 points after 23 matches.
The Blues are heading into this match after being held to a 1-1 draw against Southampton in the Premier League. Southampton took a lead through Takumi Minamino in the 33rd minute before Mason Mount equalized through a penalty in the 54th minute.
Chelsea are in the fourth position with 43 points after 25 matches, 13 points behind the league leaders Manchester City.
- Atletico Madrid have won five, drawn twice, and suffered two losses in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Colchoneros have registered a single clean-sheet in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Chelsea have managed to keep six clean sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Blues have registered seven wins, drawn twice while suffering a single loss in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Thomas Tuchel’s side have at least registered more than two goals in the two of their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Diego Simeone’s side have registered two home wins in the last four matches in all competitions this season.
Atletico Madrid Vs. Chelsea Match Head to Head
These teams have met seven times, Atletico Madrid have managed to register two wins; Once in UEFA Super Cup and once in UEFA Champions League in 2012 and 2014 respectively. The Blues have also won twice, both in UEFA Champion League back in 2009 and 2017 respectively.
Atletico Madrid Team News
Atletico Madrid will play without Jose Maria Gimenez with Muscular problems, Hector Herrera in isolation with Corona Virus, and Yannick Carrasco with a foot injury.
Chelsea Team News
Thomas Tuchel will make a selection without Charly Musonda Jr who underwent knee surgery, Tammy Abraham with an Ankle injury, and Thiago Silva with a thigh problem.
Atletico Madrid Vs. Chelsea Match Prediction
These teams have had competitive encounters and a win may go either way, it has been witnessed four wins each team winning twice, the last encounter they registered a 1-1 draw in the year 2017. It is expected that the showdown will be entertaining.
Goals – Under 2.5
Both teams have been producing less than three goals occasionally, we expect under 2.5 markets as a take for our pundits.
Tuesday Multi Bets
FC Volendam – Jong Ajax
Tip: Over 2.5
Ümraniyespor – Adana Demirspor
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Altay – Altınordu
Tip: Over 2.5
TSV Hartberg – WSG Swarovski Tirol
Tip: Both teams to score
FC Dornbirn – Kapfenberger SV
Tip: Over 2.5
Aizawl FC – Real Kashmir
Tip: Over 1.5