Arsenal vs Crystal Palace match preview
Arsenal are set to host Crystal Palace at the Emirates on Thursday night in a Premier League tie. The Gunners needed extra time to beat Newcastle United 2-0 in the FA Cup, results that saw them advance to the next round of the competition.
On the other hand, Palace were eliminated from the tournament following a 1-0 loss to Wolverhampton.
- Arsenal have registered three wins from their previous three Premier League matches.
- The Gunners have kept three clean sheets from their last five matches in all competitions.
- Palace have managed to only pick two wins from their last ten matches in all competitions.
- Crystal Palace have kept only a single clean sheet in their last five matches in all competitions.
- Arsenal are currently 11th on the log with 23 points, one above 14th-placed Palace.
- The north London side has scored at least 2 goals in 7 of their last 8 home matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.
- Mikel Arteta’s men have lost four games at home this season in the Premier League.
Arsenal vs Crystal Palace Head to Head
In the recent six meetings in the Premier League, Arsenal have managed to beat Palace twice, losing once while settling for two draws.
Last season, the two teams met twice whereby the first leg was played at the Emirates with the two sides settling for a 2-2 draw while the return leg ended with a 1-1 scoreline.
Arsenal Team News
The north London side will be without Gabriel Martinelli after the Brazilian twisted his ankle in the warm-up just before Arsenal’s game against Newcastle United.
The duo of Gabriel and Thomas Partey could also miss the home tie as they face a late fitness test.
Crystal Palace Team News
The visitors have a host of injuries heading to the clash with Connor Wickham, Wayne Hennessey, Nathan Ferguson, and Jeffrey Schlupp all sidelined.
Scott Dann and Gary Cahill are doubts for the clash while Mamadou Sakho and Martin Kelly are out, meaning Cheikhou Kouyate and James Tomkins could start at the back.
Arsenal vs Crystal Palace Prediction
Arteta’s men seem to have found the rhythm to winning after picking back to back victories against Chelsea, Brighton, and West Brom. This will be another massive test for Arsenal at home but their recent form will see them prevail.
Goals – Over 2.5
In the last six meetings, the two teams have failed to keep a clean sheet meaning both to score and Over 2.5 markets will be registered here.
Thursday Multi Bets
Fenerbahçe – Kasımpaşa
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Alanyaspor – Büyükşehir Belediye Erzurumspor
Tip: Alanyaspor win / Over 2.5
Atromitos Athens – PAS Lamia 1964
Tip: Both teams to score
Atalanta – Cagliari
Tip: Atalanta win / Over 2.5