Atletico Madrid Vs. Sevilla match preview
Tuesday’s clash merges two clubs Atletico Madrid playing host to Sevilla in the LaLiga matchday 16 at Wanda Metropolitano.
Rojiblancos had enough rest because they didn’t play on the weekend due to snowstorms which saw their match against Atletico Bilbao suspended. Still, on Friday they cut short their training due to Storm Filomena.
On the other hand, Sevilla FC seemingly enjoyed their weekend with a 3-2 victory over Real Sociedad, barely four days prior had won 2-0 in Copa del Rey against Linares Deportivo.
Atletico have a game at hand and are better placed to strengthen their lead, they are leading with 38 points one clear ahead of Real Madrid.
Los Nervionenses sit 6th with thirty points accrued in 16 matches and a win will temporarily frog jump them to third place.
- Atletico Madrid have won seven times and suffered two defeats in their last nine matches in all competition this season.
- The Rojiblancos have kept five clean sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Sevilla FC has registered five clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Los Nervionenses have won seven and drawn twice in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Julen Lopetegui’s men have registered more than two goals in three of the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Diego Simeone’s side have won all three LaLiga home matches this season.
Atletico Madrid Vs. Sevilla Head to Head
It was back in 2018 when a 5-2 win could separate the two; Atletico Madrid being the team to carry the day. Since then, the pair have been sharing the spoils, the last encounter registering a 2-2 draw.
Atletico Madrid will miss the services of Jose Maria Gimenez who is on the sidelines after picking up an injury during a shock loss to UE Cornella.
Stefan Savic is set to return after suspension while Luis Suarez and Joao Felix are expected to lead the attack against Sevilla.
Atletico Madrid Vs. Sevilla Prediction
Sevilla is expected to be a tough opponent who will test Atletico Madrid on their home ground. It is believed they have won all three home LaLiga matches this season and is aiming to continue with their winning ways, Los Nervionenses meanwhile wouldn’t let it slip easily having won five and drawn one of the five away matches.
Goals – Under 2.5
Both teams are in-form with great defensive mechanisms and allowing goals behind the nets will require superb strategy from either side. Fewer goals are believed to be recorded for both sides. Under 2.5 Markets is predicted by our pundits.
Premier League Multi Bets
Sheffield United – Newcastle United
Tip: Over 1.5
Burnley – Manchester United
Tip: Over 1.5
Wolverhampton – Everton
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5