Roma vs Manchester United match preview
Roma will play hosts to Manchester United on Thursday night in Europa League semi-finals second leg at Stadio Olimpico.
La Magica is currently recording a poor performance, having six winless runs. Previously they lost 2-0 away to Sampdoria in Serie A leaving them to 55 points in seventh place.
Roma got humiliated in the hands of Ole Gunnar’s men in the first-leg of semi-finals after they were beaten 6-2 at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils on the other hand, didn’t play during the weekend after reported chaos triggered by the fans, the match was announced postponed.
Manchester United were held to a 0-0 draw by Leeds United in the Premier League tie, the results placing them second, 13 points behind league leaders Manchester City who have 80 points.
United faces Roma with confidence after registering a 6-2 victory and will be aiming to proceed to the finals with a bit of ease.
- Roma have won twice, drawn thrice and suffered four losses in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- La Magica have registered a single clean-sheet in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Manchester United has registered three clean-sheets in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- The Red Devils have won six, drawn once and suffered a single loss in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- Paulo Fonseca’s men have at least registered more than two goals, four times in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Ole Gunnar’s side have managed three away wins in the last five matches in all competitions this season.
Roma Vs. Manchester United Head to Head
These teams have met eight times; six in the Champions League, once in International Champions League and in the Europa League. In all these encounters Manchester United have managed to win six times while their counterpart getting a single consolation. The previous meeting ended 6-2 in favor of Ole Gunnar’s side in the Europa League tie.
Roma Team News
Paulo Fonseca who has quite a number of injury concerns and will be doing his selection without some players nursing injury.
Nicolo Zaniolo (cruciate ligament rupture). Riccardo Calafiori, Leonardo Spinazzola and Jordan Veretout all with (biceps femoris muscle injury).
Other players include Amadou Diawara (pubalgia), Charles Perez (muscular problems) and Pau Lopez (shoulder injury).
Manchester United Team News
So far no reported fitness concerns in the Ole Gunnar’s squad only for Phil Jones who is nursing a knee injury.
Roma Vs. Manchester United Prediction
Roma is struggling lately, losing three times in a row, and will be expecting to bounce back despite having a huge deficit after being thrashed 6-2 in the first-leg of the semi-finals.
The in-form Manchester United seem to eye the finals after winning with a huge goal margin in the first-leg of the semi-finals and will aim to continue with their winning ways.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally in various competitions and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Thursday Multi Bets
Hertha BSC – SC Freiburg
Tip: Over 2.5
SL Benfica – FC Porto
Tip: Over 1.5
Bodø/Glimt – Tromsø IL
Tip: Over 2.5
LA Galaxy II – Las Vegas Lights
Tip: Over 2.5
Enosis Neon Paralimniou – Karmiotissa Polemidion
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5