Derby County vs. Watford match preview
The Championship fixture is back after a two-week break; Derby County will be hosting Watford at Pride Park on Friday night. The Rams are still down in 20th place four points behind opponents Watford despite picking up their first points of the season before the international break.
Their win came as a result of a late Wayne Rooney free-kick that gave them 1-0 victory. The Dutchman had seen his side lose their opening three league matches, including a 4-0 at home against Blackburn. An early EFL Cup exit against Preston North End, pressure is growing on Cocu.
Derby County will be looking to climb into the top half should they beat Watford.
- County Derby have played seven Championships won twice against Norwich City and Birmingham lost the rest.
- Out of the six played Championships, County has managed to keep only one clean-sheet.
- Derby County saw a red card to its defeat of 2-1 against Preston North End.
- The Hornets went into the international break on the back of a disappointing 1-0 loss at Reading
- Watford have played three Premier League this season losing all of them against.
- Watford has played four Championship matches winning two, drew with Sheffield Wednesday, and lost against Reading.
Jason Knight and Kamil Jozwiak are back from international duty this may offer options for changed personnel.
Tom Lawrence may start from bench after recovering from a shoulder injury and may make his first appearance of the season.
Rooney was fielded up top last time out and scored an impressive set-piece goal, but
Jack Marriott is pushing for a start up despite Wayne Rooney’s impressive score on a set-piece.
Tom Cleverley is among those pushing for a recall on the back of the defeat to Reading, while Glenn Murray and Ken Sema are other alternative options.
Head to head
Derby have registered over 2.5 goals in their last six matches against Watford in all competition.
In their last six encounters no clean sheet kept
Derby have won four times in their last encounters against Watford, drew once and lost once.
Watford has won once, drawn once and lost four times.
Derby County vs. Watford Prediction
The game between the pair has been entertaining with a huge number of goals recorded. Our Topbets pundits believe the outcome will be a win for the visitors with a great margin of goals. Betway is backing the results at odds of 2.23 while 1XBet has 2.26 for the same outcome.
Under 2.5 1.77 1Xbet odds and 1.72 odds for Betway.
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.