Sheffield United vs Liverpool match preview
Defending champions Liverpool will travel to Bramall Lane to take on Sheffield United this Sunday in a Premier League encounter. The Reds will be aiming to bounce back after suffering a 2-0 loss to Leicester City last weekend. The defeat saw them drop to sixth on the log while marking their fourth consecutive defeat in the Premier League.
Meanwhile, Sheffield United are still in the drop zone as they a rooted at the bottom of the Premier League standings with eleven points from 25 matches played so far.
A 1-0 loss to Fulham meant they suffered their third consecutive defeat in the Premier League and left them in need of 14 points to move out of the relegation zone.
- Liverpool have lost their last four Premier League matches.
- Sheffield have lost their last three Premier League matches.
- The Reds have at least conceded two goals in their last three Premier League matches.
- The hosts have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six Premier League matches.
- Sheffield have lost nine of their last 12 home Premier League matches.
- Liverpool have lost three of their 12 away Premier League matches.
- Playing away from home, Liverpool have conceded 18 goals while scoring 23 in the Premier League.
- Sheffield have only picked two home wins in the Premier League this season.
Sheffield United vs Liverpool Head to Head
The hosts have failed to beat Liverpool in their last six outings in all competitions, losing five times while settling for a single draw.
This will be a return match game this season and Liverpool will be targeting a draw after they beat Sheffield 2-1 at Anfield in the reverse fixture.
Sheffield Team News
The hosts are likely to miss the services of Chris Basham who has a hamstring injury.
The other injured players include John Egan, Sander Berge, Jack O’Connell, and Jack Robinson.
Liverpool Team News
Jordan Henderson is out of the away trip with a muscle injury as the midfielder faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
Striker Diogo Jota resumed training this week but this match comes too soon for him. The forward is expected to be available for selection next weekend.
Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip and Joe Gomez are all sidelined.
Sheffield United vs Liverpool Prediction
Jurgen Klopp’s men are struggling to get back on their feet after they suffered their fourth consecutive defeat in the Merseyside Derby last weekend.
The Reds haven’t lost five league games in a row since 1953 and we don’t expect another loss from Liverpool.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Serie A Multi Bets
Sampdoria – Atalanta
Tip: Atalanta win / Over 1.5
Crotone – Cagliari
Tip: Over 1.5
Inter – Genoa
Tip: Inter Milan win / Over 2.5
Napoli – Benevento
Tip: Napoli win / Over 2.5 / Both teams to score
Roma – Milan
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5