The Premier League round of seven is set to continue this weekend with Burnley hosting Chelsea at the Turf Moor.
Their 1-0 defeat against Tottenham left the Clarets with just one point from five matches and they face another tough task in Saturday’s clash.
Burnley defended very well; it was unfortunate they lost to Spurs and will hope fortune is on their side this weekend.
Chelsea delivered a commanding Champions League performance to seal a fantastic 4-0 win at Krasnodar on Wednesday, but previously played poorly creating very little in last weekend’s barren draw with Manchester United.
- Burnley have produced more than two goals in their last 6 matches against Chelsea in all competitions.
- Chelsea have registered at least two goals in their last 6 matches against Burnley in all competitions.
- Chelsea have been winning in both halves in five out of their last six away matches against Burnley in all competitions.
- There have been less than two three goals produced in six of Burnley’s last seven home EPL games.
- Burnley have lost five of their last six EPL matches.
- Chelsea have registered five wins of their last six away matches against Burnley in all competitions.
Burnley vs. Chelsea head to Head
In their last six EPL encounters between these pairs Burnley only registered one victory the year 2017-18.
In six EPL encounters of the pair Chelsea have registered five win
At least two goals are produced by Chelsea in all the six matches.
In their last six matches Blues have kept only two clean-sheets.
Burnley and Chelsea team news
Phil Bardsley is sidelined till he has a negative COVID-19 test result. Matthew Lowton is in line to answer the call of duty once more if required.
Erik Pieters is still nursing his calf injury and will be assessed ahead of Saturday’s host of Chelsea.
Jack Cork and Ben Mee are sidelined, despite the latter playing for the best part of the training friendly this week and is close to a return to action.
Thiago Silva is likely to start at Turf Moor, though his boss Frank Lampard didn’t include him to the Champions League win against Krasnodar on Wednesday as a measure of managing the defender’s workload.
Marcos Alonso suspension is over and is ready to return after being absent in midweek, meanwhile Kepa and Billy Gilmour are injured.
N’Golo Kante, Reece James and Mason Mount may return to the XI. Lampard made changes in personnel in midweek.
Burnley vs. Chelsea Prediction
Chelsea to win
Burnley must pull-up their socks and start improving their results soon unless they risk becoming early candidates for relegation, but there are certainly not expected to do so against a Chelsea side loaded with confidence following a exhorted Champions League win, and we can only see the Blues traveling for all three points on Saturday.
Over 2.5 Betway 1.63 1XBet 1.7
Saturday’s multi bets
Sheffield United – Manchester City
- Tip: Manchester City win/ Over 2.5
Liverpool – West Ham United
- Tip: Liverpool win
Real Madrid – Huesca
- Tip: Real Madrid win/ Over 2.5
1. FC Köln – Bayern München
- Tip: Bayern win / Over 2.5
Arminia Bielefeld – Borussia Dortmund
- Tip: Dortmund win
Inter – Parma
- Tip: Inter Milan win / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.