Serbia Vs. Portugal match preview
Serbia prepare to play host to Portugal in their next World Cup Qualifiers tie in Group A matchday 2 of 10 on Saturday night.
The Eagles are heading into this clash after a 3-2 victory against Ireland, this has placed them at the top of group A; equal points with the visitors separated by goal difference.
Serbia ended the year 2020 in style after thrashing Russia 5-0 in UEFA Nations League, this is after a 1-1 draw away to Hungary.
Lusitania on the other hand grabbed a narrow 1-0 win against Azerbaijan, a lone goal that was as a result of an own goal from Maksim Medvedev in the 37th minute.
In the UEFA Nations League at the end of 2020, Portugal managed a 3-2 win away to ten-man Croatia.
- Serbia have won three, drawn four times, and lost two in the last nine matches in all competitions.
- The Eagles have registered three clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions.
- Portugal has registered six clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions.
- Lusitania have won six, drawn twice, and suffered a single loss in the last nine matches in all competitions.
- Dragan Stojkovic’s men have at least registered more than two goals, thrice in the last nine matches in all competitions.
- Fernando Santos’ side have registered two away wins in the last three matches in all competitions.
Serbia Vs. Portugal Head to Head
These teams have met six times in European Championship Qualification; the host has failed to record a single win while Portugal winning thrice and drawing three times.
In the previous meeting, the Lusitania won 4-2 away to Serbia back in 2019, September.
Serbia Team News
Serbia have no injury concerns going into Saturday’s match.
Portugal Team News
Pepe and Raphael Guerreiro are out of the clash with Nuno Mendez expected to start at left-back in Guerreiro’s absence.
Serbia Vs. Portugal Prediction
The Fernando Santos’ side seems to enjoy their form in past showdowns and they will be aiming to continue earning their fans with more celebration counts. Meanwhile, Serbia will be enjoying home advantage and will be looking to bag a win.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Saturday Multi Bets
Ireland – Luxembourg
Tip: Over 1.5
Czech Republic – Belgium
Tip: Belgium win
Montenegro – Gibraltar
Tip: Montenegro win
Netherlands – Latvia
Tip: Over 2.5
Norway – Turkey
Tip: Over 1.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.