Chelsea Vs. FC Porto match preview
Tuesday night sees Chelsea play host to FC Porto in their return leg of the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.
The Blues managed a 2-0 win away to the Dragons in the first-leg which gave them hope by placing one foot to the semi-finals.
Thomas Tuchel’s side is in fourth place with 54 points after a 4-1 win away to Crystal Palace in the Premier League encounter.
The Dragon, on the other hand, know very well the task ahead of them and manager Sergio may have learned the mistake that led to a 2-0 loss on their home soil.
FC Porto had their showdown between Tondela in Primera Liga where they managed to grab a 2-0 away win; placing them 5 points behind the league leaders Sporting who are sitting on top of the table with 65 points.
- Chelsea have won six times, drawn twice, and suffered a single loss in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Blues have registered seven clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- FC Porto has registered four clean sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Dragons have won five times, drawn once, and suffered three losses in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Thomas Tuchel’s men have at least registered more than two goals, twice in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Sergio’s side have managed to register four away wins in the last five matches in all competitions this season.
Chelsea Vs. FC Porto Head to Head
In the last four encounters in Champions League Chelsea have managed to bag three wins while their counterpart getting a single consolation win. The previous meeting ended 2-0 in favor of Thomas Thuchel’s side.
Chelsea Team News
So far boss Thomas has a single injury concern to deal with; Charly Musonda who underwent knee surgery.
FC Porto Team News
The Dragons will miss the services of Francisco Meixedo and Diogo Costa recovering from coronavirus. Ivan Marcano also is unlikely to feature due to muscle injury while Mehdi Taremi is ineligible to play for he is serving his suspension.
Chelsea Vs. FC Porto Prediction
The Blues have been doing great under the reigns of boss Tuchel and they are going into this match with an aim of continuing with their winning ways.
Meanwhile, Sergio has a hard task ahead of him and will be aiming to redeem his side from their sinking ship.
Goals – Under 2.5
Both teams have been producing less than three goals occasionally in various competitions and we expect under 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Tuesday Multi Bets
Huddersfield Town – Bournemouth
Tip: Over 2.5
Sheffield Wednesday – Swansea City
Tip: Over 1.5
Rotherham United – Queens Park Rangers
Tip: Both teams to score
Cremonese – Empoli
Tip: Over 1.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.