Morecambe Vs. Newport County match preview
Morecambe prepare to meet Newport County in the League Two playoffs finals on Monday afternoon at Wembley Stadium.
The Shrimps were able to knock out Tranmere Rovers on a 3-2 aggregate, registering a 2-1 victory on the first encounter and drawing 1-1 on the return leg.
The Exiles, on the other hand, edged out Forest Green Rovers with a 5-4 on aggregate on a hard-fought memorable second leg.
- Morecambe have won six, drawn twice, and suffered two losses in the last ten matches in League Two this season.
- The Shrimps have registered three clean-sheets in their last ten matches in League Two this season.
- Newport County has registered six clean-sheets in their last ten matches in League Two this season.
- The Exiles have won four, drawn four times, and suffered two losses in the last ten matches in League Two this season.
- Derek Adams’ men have at least registered more than two goals, four in the last ten matches in League Two this season.
- Michael Flynn’s side have failed to win a single away match in the last four matches in League Two this season.
Morecambe Vs. Newport County Head to Head
In the last four League encounters, the visitors have managed to win thrice while their opponents registered a single consolation win. The previous encounter ended 3-1 in favor of Michael Flynn’s side.
Morecambe Team News
Kelvin Mellar is available for the hosts after he finished serving his suspension.
Newport County Team News
Joss Labadie is the potential to deputize Anthony Hartigan at the starting lineup, Maynard and Ellison are expected to be among the options for replacement.
Morecambe Vs. Newport County Prediction
Despite Newport County losing 4-1 in the hands of Forest Green Rovers they still qualified for the playoffs with 5-4 on aggregate. The clash is expected to have gathered enough confidence to face any opponent. Morecambe on the other hand, have all it takes to capitalize on any mistake made by their opponents, the aim here being a win.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally in various competitions and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Monday Multi Bets
Western United – Macarthur FC
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Alta IF – Vålerenga IF II
Tip: Over 2.5
Västerås SK – IK Brage
Tip: Over 2.5
KFUM Oslo – Ullensaker Kisa
Tip: Over 1.5
Spain U21 – Croatia U21
Tip: Over 2.5
Netherlands U21 – France U21Single leg
Tip: Both teams to score
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.