Manchester United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers preview
Manchester United will welcome Wolverhampton Wanderers at Old Trafford for Tuesday evening’s clash in their next Premier League aiming to return to winning ways.
In their most recent encounters, both teams dropped points, with the Red Devils drawing 2-2 at Leicester while Wolves held Tottenham to a 1-1 on Sunday evening
The hosts are in 4th place, 6 points clear ahead of Wolves who are in 11th spot with 21 points.
Manchester United may leapfrog to second if they win against the visitors meanwhile if the results of Leicester and Everton go otherwise.
- Manchester United have won five times, drawn twice, and suffered two defeats in their last nine matches in all competitions.
- The Red Devils have kept two clean sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers have registered a single clean sheet in their last ten Premier League matches.
- Wolves have won three, drawn thrice, and lost four of their last ten Premier League matches.
- Santos’ men have registered more than two goals in four of the last seven matches in the Premier League this season.
- Ole Gunnar’s side has produced more than two goals in four of their last six matches in all competitions.
- Wolves have registered a single away win in their last four Premier League matches this season.
Manchester United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers Head to Head
The Red Devils have not registered a win against Wolves since the 2013 Premier League clash. In 2012 was the last time they thrashed red-carded Wolves 5-0.
In 2020 they managed a 1-0 win in FA Cup with the previous encounter in the League match ending in a barren draw.
Manchester United Team News
Victor Lindelof was forced out due to his prolonged back problems against Leicester in the second period and he is unlikely to feature in this clash.
The management has not revealed the progress regarding Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s injury, but with the defender also a doubt, Tuanzebe may be given a nod to start against Wolves.
Edinson Cavani is likely and potentially in line to spearhead the attack in place of Anthony Martial.
Wolverhampton Wanderers Team News
Rayan Ait Nouri is likely to start against Man United while Marcals’ fate is yet to be determined with less than 24 hours remaining.
Manchester United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers Prediction
Santo’s men deserved their point against Spurs and they should have bugged all three points, but United will offer a far greater attacking threat and Solskjaer’s men should come up sparking at Old Trafford.
Goals – Under 2.5
In their last four matches, less than three goals have been produced and we expect the same outcome ahead of the tie.
Premier League Multi Bets
Brighton & Hove Albion – Arsenal
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Southampton – West Ham United
Tip: Over 1.5
Burnley – Sheffield United
Tip: Over 1.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.