Manchester United Vs. Roma match preview
Roma will be traveling to play Manchester United in the first leg of the semi-finals of the Europa League at Old Trafford on Thursday night.
The Red Devils qualified for the semi-finals following a 4-0 aggregate victory against Granada home and away wins.
They are heading into this clash after they were held barren drawn away to Leeds United in Premier League. The results added tally points to 67, ten points behind league leaders Manchester City.
Giallorossi on the other hand earned a place in the semi-finals with 3-2 on aggregate after recording a 2-1 away to Ajax and drew 1-1 in the return leg.
They are heading to this clash with a disappointing 3-2 loss against Cagliari in Serie A, results that left them to occupy seven place with 55 points gathered in 33 matches.
- Manchester United have won six, drawn once, and suffered a single loss in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- The Red Devils have registered four clean sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- Roma has registered a single clean sheet in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Giallorossi have won thrice, drawn thrice, and suffered three losses in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Ole Gunnar’s men have at least registered more than two goals, four in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- Paulo Fonseca’s side have managed two away wins in the last six matches in all competitions this season.
Manchester United Vs. Roma Head to Head
These teams have met eight times; seven in the Champions League and once in the International Champions League. There have been 22 goals netted in these meetings making 2.75 on average in every game.
The previous encounter ended 3-2 in favor of the Red Devils in the International Champions League.
Manchester United Team News
United will be happy to welcome back their trio who were serving a one-match ban; Scott McTominay, Luke Shaw, and Harry Maguire.
Edinson Cavani and Paul Pogba were rested in the 0-0 draw against Leeds United and are likely to make it to the starting XI on Thursday.
David de Gea will return in the starting spot after being deputized by Dean Henderson in the league.
Roma Team News
Former Manchester United duo Chris Smalling and Henrikh Mkhitaryan are expected back from injury.
Ibanez has finished serving his suspension and is likely to feature here. Roma will be missing the services of Pedro and Zaniolo through injury.
Manchester United Vs. Roma Prediction
Roma have been struggling lately having four winless runs and will be aiming to bounce back with this one.
The Red Devils, on the other hand, are on form drawing 0-0 away to Leeds United and will be looking to get back to their winning ways.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally in various competitions and we expect under 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Thursday Multi Bets
Barcelona – Granada
Tip: Barcelona win / Over 2.5
Marítimo – Sporting Braga
Tip: Braga win / Over 2.5
Alanyaspor – Fenerbahçe
Tip: Both teams to score
MKE Ankaragücü – Gaziantep FK
Tip: Both teams to score
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.