Everton vs. Manchester City preview
Manchester City are set to travel to Goodison Park to play Everton in their next Premier League match.
The host registered a 1-0 win over Sheffield United bouncing back from a 2-0 loss to Manchester United in EFL Cup. The Red Devils scored late goals thanks to Edinson Cavani and Anthony Martial strikes.
On the other hand, the Citizens defeated Newcastle 2-0 in the Premier League match previously having thrashed Arsenal 4-1 in EFL Cup. The host is 2nd placed with 29 points having played one game ahead of the visitors; the Citizens are in 5th spot with 26 points with 14 matches.
- Everton have won five times, drawn once, and lost four times in their last ten matches in all competitions.
- The Toffees have kept three clean sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions.
- Manchester City has registered seven clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions.
- The Citizens have won six of their last nine matches in all competitions.
- Carlo Ancelotti’s men have registered more than two goals in four of the last ten matches in all competitions.
- Pep Guardiola have produced more than two goals in three of their last nine matches in all competitions.
- Everton have registered only two home wins in their last five matches in all competitions.
Everton vs. Manchester City Head to Head
The last time Everton won against the visitors was back in 2017 the match that ended 4-0. The previous encounter Manchester City edged Everton 2-1 in EPL.
Everton Team News
James Rodriguez will be missing in the action, while Richarlison was not cleared to play in this game due to concussion protocols.
Bernard will deputize Antony Gordon who is likely to drop, while Seamus Coleman and Andre Gomes are potentially in line for the starting spot at Goodison Park
Manchester City Team News
Gabriel Jesus and Kyle Walker had both tested positive for coronavirus according to Man City announcement- the pair didn’t play against Newcastle and are unavailable for this one too.
Rodri was hauled off just before the hour mark against Newcastle – suggesting he will start this one – while Sergio Aguero is in line to return to the attack.
Everton vs. Manchester City Prediction
Guardiola’s men boast a good record in this fixture, and the visitors had great Boxing Day than Everton did, so we expect City to just edge this mouthwatering clash
Goals – Over 2.5
In their last four matches, more than two goals have been produced and we expect the same outcome ahead of the tie.
Monday Multi Bets
Gençlerbirliği – Kayserispor
Tip; Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Bursaspor – Eskişehirspor
Tip: Over 2.5
AFC Fylde – Southport
Tip: Over 2.5
Bath City – Hungerford Town
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.