Chelsea Vs. Manchester United match preview
It is a Super Sunday ushering a crunchy clash between Chelsea and Manchester United in the next Premier League matchday 26 at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues are coming from a 1-0 win away to Atletico Madrid in UEFA Champions League on Tuesday night. Thomas Tuchel’s side was content with the superb lone goal netted by former Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud in the 68th minute of the game.
Prior to the Champions League clash, they had drawn 1-1 away to Southampton, the results that placed them in the fifth spot with 43 points, six points behind the second-placed United.
The Red Devils registered 1-1 over Real Sociedad in the return leg of the Round of 32 in the UEFA Europa League advancing to the round of 16.
United thrashed Newcastle 3-1 in the domestic League, the results seeing him to stick in second place with 10 points behind league leaders Manchester City.
- Chelsea have won seven times, drawn twice, and suffered a single loss in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- The Blues have registered six clean-sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Manchester United has registered five clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Red Devils have won four, drawn five, and suffered a single loss in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Ole Gunnar’s men have registered more than two goals in five of the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Thomas Tuchel’s side have registered three home wins in the last four matches in all competitions this season.
Chelsea Vs. Manchester United Head to Head
In the last four encounters, the visitors were able to grab two wins, while the hosts registered a single victory. The Red Devils won 2-1 in the EFL Cup back in 2019 and again in the Premier League won 2-0 last year. The Blues carried the day with a 3-1 win in FA Cup 2020, July. In the previous meeting, they managed a barren draw in the Premier League.
Chelsea Team News
The Blues will miss the services of Thiago Silva who is still sidelined with a thigh problem and Charly Musonda Jr who is recovering from knee surgery.
Manchester United Team News
Donny van de Beek and Edison Cavani are nursing muscle injuries and are likely to miss this crunchy clash.
Scott McTomminay is out with a knock and Phil Jones with a knee injury unavailable for his team.
Chelsea Vs. Manchester United Prediction.
The hosts are in the race to secure a top-four spot for the Champions League next season and will be aiming to secure a win here. Manchester United on the other hand they are seeking to close the gap to the League leaders even if it seems to be dim for them.
Goals – Under 2.5
Both teams have been producing less than three goals occasionally and we expect under 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Sunday Multi Bets
AS Monaco – Stade Brestois 29
Tip: Monaco win
Angers – RC Lens
Tip: Over 1.5
Lille OSC – Strasbourg
Tip: Over 1.5
CD Nacional – Sporting Braga
Tip: Over 2.5
AZ Alkmaar – Feyenoord
Tip: Over 2.5
Trabzonspor – Fenerbahçe
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.