Villarreal Vs. Barcelona match preview
Barcelona will make a trip to Estadio de la Ceramica to play Villarreal in the next LaLiga tie match-day 32 on Sunday evening.
The Yellow Submarine got a disappointing 2-1 defeat away to Deportivo Alaves in the mid-week that left them in the seventh spot with 49 points after 32 games.
Villarreal qualified for the semi-finals of Europa League competitions after beating Dinamo Zagreb home and away.
Barca on the other hand, beat Getafe 5-2 in the LaLiga campaign gunning 68 points at third place. Previously had defeated Athletico Bilbao 4-0 in Copa del Rey.
- Villarreal have won seven times and suffered two losses in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Yellow Submarine have registered three clean sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Barcelona has registered four clean sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Barca have won seven times, drawn once, and suffered a single loss in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Unai Emery’s men have at least registered more than two goals, seven in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Ronald Koeman’s side have managed four away wins in the last six matches in all competitions this season.
Villarreal Vs. Barcelona Head to Head
In the last four encounters, Barcelona have won thrice and drawn once against its opponent. There have been 20 goals an average of 5 goals in each match. The previous encounter ended 4-0 in favor of the Koeman’s side.
Villarreal Team News
The host will play without Pervis Estupinan (muscle injury) and Vicente Iborra who is nursing cruciate ligament rupture.
Barcelona Team News
Philippe Coutinho will be out with rupture of an outer meniscus, Neto (sprained ankle), Moussa Wague (patella rupture), Martin Braithwaite (ankle injury), and Ousmane Dembele.
Villarreal Vs. Barcelona Prediction
Both teams are in form, Villarreal lost 2-1 to Deportivo Alaves and will be looking at redeeming themselves when they mean their opponent. Meanwhile, Barca is heading into this match seemingly confident after thrashing Getafe 5-2 and will be aiming to earn their fans another celebration.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally in various competitions and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Sunday Multi Bets
Benevento – Udinese
Tip: Over 1.5
Fiorentina – Juventus
Tip: Over 1.5
Inter – Hellas Verona
Tip: Over 2.5 / Both teams to score
Cagliari – Roma
Tip: Over 2.5
Atalanta – Bologna
Tip: Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.