Spain Vs. Greece match preview
Greece travel to play Spain in their next World Cup Qualifier in game week 1 of 10, group B on Thursday night.
La Furia Roja last played in November 2020 in UEFA Nations League and won 6-0 against Germany and were held to a 1-1 draw against ten-man Switzerland.
The Ethniki on the other hand, are heading into this clash with a barren draw against Slovenia. Greece were reduced to ten-men after Pantelis Hatzidiakos was shown a straight red card after committing a professional foul in the 90th minute.
Prior to this disappointing 0-0 draw, they had won 2-0 away to Moldova.
- Spain have won three, drawn four times, and lost once in the last eight matches in all competitions.
- La Furia Roja have registered four clean-sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- Greece has registered five clean-sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- The Ethniki have won four, drawn thrice, and suffered a single loss in the last eight matches in all competitions.
- Luis Enrique’s men have at least registered more than two goals, twice in the last eight matches in all competitions.
- John Van’t Schip’s side has registered two away wins in the last four matches in all competitions.
Spain Vs. Greece Head to Head
These teams have met four times; twice in European Championship, Qualification back in 2002 and 2003. Also met twice in European Championship in 2004 and 2008.
In the Previous encounter, Spain bagged a 2-1 away to Greece in European Championship.
Spain Team News
Spain may see new faces, the likes of Pedro Porro and Bryan Gil who have been impressive in Barcelona and Eibar respectively. Sergio Ramos is back after recovering from a knee injury and he is likely to play in all three matches.
Rodri has been impressive in his role at Manchester City and he is likely to start ahead of Sergio Busquets.
Greece Team News
Despite Kostas Tsimikas not featuring in Liverpool, will be hoping to keep his place in the side of Greece.
Georgios Giakoumakis will surely have to start after being impressive in the Eredivisie this season.
Spain Vs. Greece Prediction
The hosts closed 2020 in a style after thrashing Germany 6-0, therefore Spain will be enjoying the home ground advantage and motivated by their previous results. Meanwhile, Greece will be hoping to redeem themselves from their 0-0 draw against Slovenia.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Thursday Multi Bets
Sweden – Georgia
Tip: Sweden win
Bulgaria – Switzerland
Tip: Switzerland win
Italy – Northern Ireland
Tip: Italy win
Israel – Denmark
Tip: Denmark win / Over 2.5
England – San Marino
Tip: England win / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.