Arsenal Vs. SL Benfica match preview
Arsenal will take on SL Benfica at Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium in their second leg of the Europa League round of 32 on Thursday night.
The Gunners in the first leg did well to earn an important away goal in the 1-1 draw at Stadio Olimpico. Arsenal is in a better place to secure a spot in the Round of 16 and can’t afford to take a chance on Thursday’s showdown.
The Eagles, on the other hand, will be taking this clash with a lot of keenness if they want to progress, with no option but to plan on how to attack looking for goals.
Mikel Arteta’s side are struggling in the domestic League having registered two wins of the last six matches, losing 1-0 to Manchester City leaving them in the 10th spot with 34 points after 25 matches.
The side of Boss Jorge Costa registered a barren draw against SC Farense leaving them at fourth place with 39 points after 20 matches.
- Arsenal have won three times, drawn thrice, and suffered four losses in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- The Gunners have registered three clean-sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- SL Benfica has registered four clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Eagles have won thrice, drawn five, and suffered a single loss in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Mikel Arteta’s men have registered more than two goals in four of the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Jorge Costa’s side have registered a single away win in the last five matches in all competitions this season.
Arsenal Vs. SL Benfica Head to Head
These teams have met thrice; twice in Emirates Cup back in 2014 and 2017 respectively and in the first leg of round of 32 in Europa League, this year the match that ended 1-1.
Arsenal Team News
The Gunners have a list of injury concerns, Rob Holding missing in action with a head injury, they may also play without Thomas Partey who is not yet fit. David Luiz, the former Benfica defender, Brazilian Gabriel, Emile Smith Rowe and Dani Ceballos saw the bench against Man City will be pushing for the start on Thursday. Lacazette also may be recalled having not featured in the last Arsenals three matches.
SL Benfica Team News
Jardel and Andre Almeida will miss the chance to this showdown due to injury.
Arsenal Vs. SL Benfica Prediction.
Both teams are expected to play with the aim of progressing to the round of 16. The Gunners seem to have a good chance with the away goal. The Eagles on the other hand will be looking to hold their opponent possibly a 1-0 to progress not giving Arsenal a chance to score.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Thursday Multi Bets
1899 Hoffenheim – Molde FK
Tip: Hoffenheim win / Over 2.5
Ajax – Lille OSC
Tip: Over 1.5
Napoli – Granada
Tip: Napoli win / Over 1.5
Rangers – Royal Antwerp FC
Tip: Rangers win
Villarreal – Red Bull Salzburg
Tip: Over 1.5
Bayer 04 Leverkusen – Young Boys
Tip: Leverkusen win / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.