France Vs. Ukraine match preview
Ukraine travel to play France in their next World Cup Qualifier in game week 1 of 10, Group D on Wednesday night.
Les Bleus last played in November 2020 in UEFA Nations League winning against Sweden and Portugal; 1-0 and 4-2 respectively.
The Yellow and Blue, on the other hand, are heading into this clash with three winless runs, two in UEFA Nations League and once in International Friendly games.
Ukraine lost against Switzerland and Germany; 3-1 and 3-0 respectively.
- France have won six, drawn once, and lost once in the last eight matches in all competitions.
- Les Bleus have registered a single clean-sheet in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- Ukraine has registered six clean-sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- The Yellow and Blue have won twice and suffered six losses in the last eight matches in all competitions.
- Didier Deschamps’ men have at least registered more than two goals, four times in the last eight matches in all competitions.
- Andriy Shevchenko’s side have failed to register a single away win in the last five matches in all competitions.
France Vs. Ukraine Head to Head
In the last four meetings between these teams, France have managed to bag three wins while their opponent had a single consolation victory. The previous showdown between these pairs yielded a huge goal margin, a total of eight goals; a match that ended 7-1 in favor of France.
France Team News
Didier Deschamps picked a strong squad for this clash and has no injury concerns ahead of the home tie.
Ukraine Team News
Veteran Shakhtar Donetsk goalkeeper Andriy Pyatov was called into the Ukraine squad and is available for selection.
Vorskla Poltava goalkeeper Dmytro Riznyk, young Shakhtar Donetsk shot-stopper Anatoliy Trubin, Dynamo Kyiv defender Oleksandr Syrota, and Dnipro-1 forward Artem Dovbyk could make their debuts this Wednesday.
France Vs. Ukraine Prediction
Ukraine have had a poor performance in all competitions witnessed last year, three of the last matches running winless. This will be a big task ahead of them and they’ll be looking to bounce back with this one here.
France on the other hand, had a good end-year performance winning the two scheduled UEFA Nations League and will be motivated to earn their fans another celebration gift.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Wednesday Multi Bets
Wellington Phoenix – Melbourne Victory
Tip: Over 1.5
Perth Glory – Sydney FC
Tip: Over 1.5
SV Horn – Austria Wien II
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Vysočina Jihlava – FK Usti Nad Labem
Tip: Over 2.5
Sambenedettese – Ravenna
Tip: Over 1.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.