Tottenham vs LASK preview
Tottenham Hotspur will play hosts to Austrian side LASK at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Thursday in the first match of Europa League group stages encounter. Spurs managed to book a place in this season’s Europa League after comfortably beating Lokomotiv Plovdiv and KF Shkëndija in the qualifiers. Jose Mourinho’s men wrapped up their qualifiers against Maccabi Haifa as they ran riot, beating the Israeli Premier League 7-1 in a single legged clash.
- LASK have only lost once, drawn once and won four in their last six matches in all competitions.
- Spurs are unbeaten in their last seven matches in all competitions. (W5, D2).
- Since the start of the current campaign, LASK have managed to keep one clean sheet in all competition.
- Tottenham have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine matches in all competitions.
- This will be the first meeting between the teams.
- There have been at least three goals scored in seven of Tottenham’s last eight Europa League games.
- Tottenham have won their last 3 Europa League matches.
- There have been at least three goals scored in LASK’s last 4 Europa League games.
Mourinho could welcome Eric Dier after the midfielder missed Sunday’s draw against West Ham United. Dele Alli will be available for selection after failing to make the 18-man squad with Eric Lamela expected to feature.
Summer signing Carlos Vinicius is in line to make his debut, though it could be a tough call to drop in form Harry Kane, and Heung-min Son.
However, the north London side will miss the services of Tanganga who recently returned to action after an injury had kept him out in the early weeks of the campaign. The defender is not fully fit as he continues to recover from a thigh problem.
Lo Celso is also expected not to feature due to a thigh injury that saw him fail to play for his national team Argentina but will be on the sidelines for a short period.
Head to head
The Group J round one clash will mark the first meeting between these two clubs.
The hosts will be keen to avoid another disappointment following their 3-3 draw with West Ham United last Sunday. Son opened the scoring in the first minute before Kane scored a brace to hand Mourinho’s men a 3-0 lead inside 16 minutes. However, the Hammers fought back in the second half and secured a point with Manuel Lanzini netting the leveller in the 94th minute.
LASK will probably face a totally different animal in London and topbets are backing Spurs to emerge the winners on Thursday and Betway has given them odds of 1.37 to beat LASK while bet254 has 1.30 for the same outcome.
Son and Kane have always been Spurs’ goal scorers in the recent matches and it was witnessed against the Hammers.
You can trust the pair with your money and place a bet on any of them to become anytime goalscorer.
Kane – 1.28 bet254, 1.32 betway
Son – 1.52 bet254, betway 1.60 betway.
The Lilywhites can be ruthless in front of goal and it has been witnessed in recent matches against Maccabi, Manchester United and last weekend West Ham. We expected their frontline to once again punish LASK who have been weak at the back.
You can bet on this game to produce at least three goals hence the over 2.5 market.
Rapid Wien – Arsenal
- Tip: Arsenal win/ Over 2.5
Young Boys – Roma
- Tip: Roma win/Over 2.5
Leicester City – Zorya Luhansk
- Tip: Leicester win/Over 2.5
Celtic – Milan
- Tip: AC Milan win/Anytime goalscorer – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Villarreal – Sivasspor
- Tip: Villareal win/over 2.5
Napoli – AZ Alkmaar
- Tip: Napoli win/Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.