Southampton Vs. Chelsea Match preview
Chelsea will travel to take on Southampton on Saturday evening in their next matchday 25 of Premier League at St Mary’s Stadium.
The Blues leapfrogged to fourth place after registering a 2-0 win over Newcastle earning them 42 points a tie with West Ham United. Chelsea seem to enjoy their form currently having five winning runs, meanwhile, they have to continue improving their form if they want to secure a place in the top-four.
The Saints on the other hand are sitting in the 13th spot with 29 points gathered in 23 matches. Southampton are struggling having won only two of the last seven matches, the latest lost 2-1 over Wolves.
- Southampton have won three and suffered five losses in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- The Saints have registered three clean sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- Chelsea have managed to keep seven clean sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- The Blues have registered eight wins, drawn once and while suffering a single loss in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Thomas Tuchel’s side have at least registered more than two goals in three of their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side have registered two home wins in the last five matches in all competitions this season.
Southampton Vs. Chelsea Match Head to Head
These teams have met on several occasions; in the last five encounters the hosts managed to bag a single win while their counterpart won twice. In their latest encounter they managed to register a 3-3 draw.
Southampton Team News
The hosts will have to make the squad selection without the likes of Theo Walcott, Obafemi, Diallo and Walker Peters who are in the treatment room with various injury problems.
Chelsea Team News
Thomas Tuchel’s side may play without Tammy Abraham who picked up a knock in the win against Newcastle which means Giroud is likely to deputize him. Whereas both Thiago Silva and Kai Havertz are out nursing injuries.
Southampton Vs. Chelsea Match Prediction
Tuchel’s side will be aiming to stretch and strengthen the fourth spot to secure a place in Champions League if at all they cannot contest for the Premier League title. Meanwhile, the Saints will be looking to draw close to top-ten with a win against the London side.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally, we expect over 2.5 markets as a take for our pundits.
Bundesliga Multi bets
1. FC Köln – VfB Stuttgart
Tip: Both teams to score
Borussia M’gladbach – 1. FSV Mainz 05
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Eintracht Frankfurt – Bayern München
Tip: Bayern Munchen win / Over 2.5
SC Freiburg – 1. FC Union Berlin
Tip: Both teams to score
FC Schalke 04 – Borussia Dortmund
Tip: Borussia Dortmund win / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.