Athletico Bilbao Vs. Barcelona match preview
Barcelona will be traveling to play Athletico Bilbao in the Copa del Rey finals on Saturday night at Estadio de la Cartuja.
The Lions are heading into this clash after they were held 0-0 draw by Alaves in LaLiga making it second draw prior drew 1-1 away to Real Sociedad.
Athletico are in the 11th spot with 37 points gathered in 30 matches.
Athletico Bilbao earned the spot to Copa de Rey finals after beating Levante 3-2 on aggregate.
Barca on the other hand, lost 2-1 to ten-man Real Madrid in LaLiga on the weekend shifting to third place, one point behind the second-place Los Blancos who are 66 points.
- Athletico Bilbao have won twice, drawn six times, and suffered two losses in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- The Lions have registered two clean sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Barcelona has registered five clean sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Barca have won seven times, drawn twice and suffered a single loss in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Marcelino García Toral’s men have at least registered more than two goals, thrice in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Ronald Koeman’s side have managed to register three away wins in the last five matches in all competitions this season.
Athletico Bilbao Vs. Barcelona Head to Head
In the last three encounters, these teams have met twice in Laliga and once in Super Cup; Barca winning both LaLiga matches while the Lions getting consolation in Super Cup. The previous encounter ended 2-1 in favor of Ronald Koeman’s side.
Athletico Bilbao Team News
Peru Nolaskoain will be missing on this fixture after sustaining ankle injury.
Barcelona Team News
Ronald Koeman will make his selection without Neto (sprained ankle), Ansu Fati (meniscal laceration), Philippe Coutinho (rupture of outer meniscus), and Moussa Wague (patella rupture).
Athletico Bilbao Vs. Barcelona Prediction
The hosts are struggling; they are running to 6 winless streaks and will be looking to come back to track with this one. Meanwhile, Barca will be aiming at bouncing back after a 2-1 lose away to ten-man Real Madrid.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally in various competitions and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Bundesliga Multi Bets
1. FC Union Berlin – VfB Stuttgart
Tip: Over 1.5
Borussia M’gladbach – Eintracht Frankfurt
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
SC Freiburg – FC Schalke 04
Tip: Over 1.5
VfL Wolfsburg – Bayern München
Tip: Over 2.5
Bayer 04 Leverkusen – 1. FC Köln
Tip: Leverkusen win / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.