Sevilla Vs. Borussia Dortmund Match preview
The in-form Sevilla welcome Borussia Dortmund in the first leg of the round of 16 at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan on Wednesday night in the Champions League clash.
Sevilla progressed to the last 16 of Champions League as second in Group E behind Chelsea on the other hand BVB advanced to last 16 as leaders of group F.
Palanganas Nervionenses are in the best form, winning their last nine matches, latest won 1-0 against Huesca in LaLiga clash on Saturday. Sevilla are forth with 45 points gunned in 22 matches, nine points behind the leaders Atletico Madrid.
BVB has two winless runs with the latest drawn 2-2 against 1899 Hoffenheim, currently sitting sixth with 33 points gathered in 22 matches.
- Sevilla have won all the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- The Palanganas Nervionenses have registered seven clean-sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- Borussia Dortmund have managed to keep two clean-sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- The BVB have registered five wins, drawn twice and while suffering three losses in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Edin Terzic’s side have at least registered more than two goals in the seven of their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Julen Lopetegui’s side have registered wins in all five home matches in all competitions this season.
Sevilla Vs. Borussia Dortmund Match Head to Head
These teams have met twice in UEFA Europa League in the year 2010, and Sevilla managed to grab a win in the first leg while the return leg they drew 2-2.
Sevilla Team News
Sevilla will be forced to play without Marcos Acuna who is nursing thigh muscle injury and Lucas Ocampos on treatment table with Ankle injury and will be unavailable for their team.
Borussia Dortmund Team News
BVB have a list of injury concerns which sees Axel Witsel Achilles tendon rupture, Dan-Axel Zagadou with torn muscle fibre Marcel Schmelzer who underwent knee surgery and Roman Burki with shoulder injury and will not be available.
Sevilla Vs. Borussia Dortmund Match Prediction
The host a great chance of bagging a win in this clash with their current form, it is expected to create many chances, on the other hand, Borussia Dortmund doesn’t appear to be obvious; a loss since seemingly will fight to earn a point away to Sevilla.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally, we expect over 2.5 markets as a take for our pundits.
Wednesday Multi Bets
Melbourne Victory – Wellington Phoenix
Tip: Over 2.5
Doncaster Rovers – Accrington Stanley
Tip: Over 2.5
Mansfield Town – Bolton Wanderers
Tip: Over 1.5
FC St. Gallen 1879 – FC Luzern
Tip: Both teams to score
FC Lugano – Servette
Tip: Over 1.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.