Turkey vs Wales match preview
Turkey will play Wales in match-day 2 of the Euro 2020 campaign on Wednesday evening at Baku Olympic Stadium.
The Crescent-Stars started the campaign poorly after losing 3-0 against Italy. Turkey have featured in three WC Qualifiers winning twice against Netherlands and ten-man Norway; 4-2 and 3-0 respectively and shared spoils with Latvia in a 3-3 draw.
Turkey are leading in their group table standings with seven points after the three matches.
The Dragons drew 1-1 against Switzerland in their opener match of the Euro 2020 earning a single point sitting in third place.
Wales have featured in two WC Qualifiers, winning once and suffering a 3-1 away to Belgium. The results have placed them into the third position with three points.
Both teams will be battling for their first win after a poor showdown in their first group match.
- Turkey have won five, drawn thrice, and suffered two losses in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- The Crescent-Stars have registered three clean sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Wales has registered five clean sheets in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Dragons have won four, drawn thrice, and suffered two losses in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Senol Gunes’ men have registered more than two goals, seven in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Robert Page’s side have registered a single away win in the last three matches in all competitions this season.
Turkey Vs. Wales Head to Head
These teams are meeting for the first time in the Major tournament on neutral ground. Back in 1980 Wales thrashed Turkey 4-0, Leighton James scoring a brace, and Brain Flynn and Ian Walsh netted a goal each.
In 1997 August in WC Qualifiers Turkey humbled Wales in a 6-4 victory; Hakan Sukur netted four goals while Oguz Cetin and SAFFET Akyuz scored one goal each. Wales responded through Nathan Blake, Robbie Savage, Dean Saunders, and Andy Melville.
Turkey Vs. Wales Prediction
Turkey started the campaign with a defeat in the hands of Italy, the Crescent-Stars squad has enough quality to change it all here when they meet Robert Page’s side.
It is expected that Senol Gunes’ side could make a lot of improvement if they keep a positive attitude.
Wales on the other hand, were lucky to share spoils on a 1-1 draw over Netherlands and will be looking to bag the three important points when they feature in this showdown. Seems both teams are struggling and want to redeem themselves through this clash.
Goals – Under 2.5
Both teams have been producing less than three goals occasionally in various competitions and we expect under 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundit.
Wednesday Multi Bets
Bodø/Glimt – Strømsgodset
Tip: Bodø/Glimt win / Over 2.5
Molde FK – Sarpsborg 08
Tip: Molde win / Over 2.5
Vålerenga IF – Odds BK
Tip: Over 2.5
Tokyo Verdy – Fagiano Okayama
Tip: Under 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.