Leicester City Vs. Southampton Match preview
Leicester City play hosts to Southampton at King Power Stadium in the late kick-off Premier League match on Saturday, with just three points separating the two sides in the standings. Foxes sit third, four points behind league leaders Manchester United, one point behind Liverpool.
Meanwhile, Southampton is in the seventh spot with 29 points accrued in seventeen matches.
City are heading into this match with an FA Cup 4-0 victory away to Stoke City, while Southampton FA Cup match against Shrewsbury Town was postponed due to a coronavirus outbreak at the League one club.
- Leicester City have registered six wins, drawn twice and suffered two defeats in their last ten matches in all competition this season.
- The Foxes have registered four clean-sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Southampton have kept four clean sheets in their last nine Premier League matches this season.
- The Saints have registered three wins, four draws while suffering two losses in their last nine Premier League matches this season.
- Brendan Rodgers’ side have at least registered more than two goals in five of their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl’s men have registered a single away win in the last four matches in all competitions this season.
Leicester City Vs. Southampton Match Head to Head
These teams have met many times in different competitions and recorded significant results, the Foxes scored nine goals, which was recorded to be the highest in all encounters between the pair in EPL matches.
In the latest match, Southampton won 2-1 away to the Foxes.
Leicester City Team News
Cengiz Under is nursing an ankle injury and is in doubt for the Foxes. Jamie Vardy fitness is in doubt for this match recovering from a hip injury. Ricardo Pereira and Denis Praet are recovering from injuries and are unlikely to offer their services in this showdown.
Southampton Team News
The Saints will miss the services of their first-choice goalkeeper Alex McCarthy who is sidelined with an injury.
Defenders Jannik Vestergaard and Mohammed Salisu are in doubt with injury.
Ralph Hassenhuttl will also be without midfielder Nathan Redmond who is recovering from a hip injury. Mousa Djenepo who is nursing a hamstring is also unlikely to feature.
Leicester City Vs. Southampton Match Prediction
Southampton are high in spirit after beating Liverpool and are aiming to continue the winning streak, meanwhile, Leicester are optimistic in getting past second sitting Liverpool.
Goals – Over 2.5
These two teams are sending the ball forward and we expect goalkeepers from both ends to have a busy day. Despite all this, we expect more than two goals to be registered in this match therefore over 2.5 markets ascertained by our pundits
Premier League Multi Bets
Leeds United – Brighton & Hove Albion
Tip: Over 1.5
Wolverhampton – West Bromwich Albion
Tip: Wolves win / Over 2.5
West Ham United – Burnley
Tip: Over 1.5
Fulham – Chelsea
Tip: Chelsea win / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.