Chelsea Vs. Newcastle United match preview
Chelsea welcome Newcastle United at Stamford Bridge on Monday night in their next Premier League match day 24. The Blues seems to enjoy their current form having not lost in their last six encounters.
The Blues won 2-1 away to Sheffield United in the previous League encounter placing them on fifth place with 39 points gathered in 23 matches, also edged out Barnsley in a 1-0 win in FA Cup clash.
The Magpies are 16th placed with 25 points gunned in 23 matches outside relegation, they have been struggling since the start of the campaign, the previous clash they managed to register a 3-2 win over Southampton
- Chelsea have won seven, drawn once, and suffered two losses in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- The Blues have registered six clean-sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Newcastle United has registered two clean-sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- The Magpies have won two, drawn once, and suffered seven defeats in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Thomas Tuchel’s men have registered more than two goals in four of the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Steve Bruce’s side have registered a single away win in the last five matches in all competition this season.
Chelsea Vs. Newcastle United Head to Head
In the last six encounters between these teams, the visitors have managed to win twice in 2018 and 2020 where the match that ended 3-0 and 1-0 respectively in Premier League, the previous Chelsea won 2-0.
Chelsea Team News
The host will have to play without Thiago Silva who is still recovering from hamstring injury, Kai Havertz remains sidelined with injury. Timo Werner is expected back to play against Newcastle despite not playing in mid-week with a dead leg.
Newcastle United Team News
Ciaran Clark is expected back after he missed the match against Southampton to attend the birth of his child. Fabian is out for several months with knee injury which he sustained in the Southampton clash.
Jeff Hendrick is serving his suspension over the red card he got during their win against Southampton.
Chelsea Vs. Newcastle United Prediction.
Chelsea are performing well currently with a superb winning run streak and they will be heading to this clash a clear favorite, meanwhile Newcastle will want to keep the spirit they had playing with Southampton.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Monday Multi Bets
Hellas Verona – Parma
Tip: Over 1.5
Sporting CP – Paços de Ferreira
Tip: Sporting win
Gençlerbirliği – Beşiktaş
Tip: Over 1.5
FC København – SønderjyskE
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.