Manchester City vs Tottenham match preview
League leaders Manchester City will welcome Tottenham Hotspur at the Etihad Stadium this Saturday in a Premier League encounter. The Cityzens are on top of the table with 50 points, five above second-placed Manchester United having played one less game.
Meanwhile, Tottenham eighth on the log with 36 points from 22 matches they’ve played. Spurs were knocked out of the FA Cup on Wednesday evening after losing 5-4 in extra time to Everton.
Elsewhere, Pep Guardiola’s men advanced to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup after beating Swansea 3-1.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- Pep Guardiola’s men have only kept a single clean sheet in their last five home matches in the Premier League.
- In their last five matches in all competitions, Tottenham has only won a single game, losing the rest.
- Spurs have kept a single clean sheet in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- City have kept five clean sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- Man City have seen over 2.5 goals in 10 of their last 11 home matches against Tottenham in all competitions.
- Spurs have picked only three wins in their last eight matches in all competitions.
Manchester City vs Tottenham Head to Head
In their last six matches in all competitions, City has won only two matches against Tottenham, losing three times while drawing once. Last season, the two teams met twice, with Tottenham forcing a 2-2 draw at Etihad, before beating City 2-0 in the return leg.
The two have also met this season in the Premier League, with City losing 2-0 to Spurs at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Manchester City Team News
Claudio Gomes picked up a knock during City’s win against Swansea City on Wednesday evening and remains a doubt.
Nathan Ake, Kevin De Bruyne, and Sergio Aguero are expected to miss out weekend’s clash with injuries.
Tottenham Team News
Harry Kane came from the bench against Everton and is expected to lead the line against Manchester City.
Giovani Lo Celso is expected to miss out with an injury.
Manchester City vs Tottenham Prediction
Spurs have proved to be a threat to City every time the pair meeting with Pep Guardiola’s men failing to beat them in their last three encounters in the Premier League.
Well, this is expected to be a tough clash for the league leaders but we expect the Citizens to be too strong for the visiting side who have been struggling in recent matches.
ManCity is too good for Tottenham and unstoppable as they target to secure this season’s title.
Goals – Over 2.5
City’s last two matches have produced more than three goals in all competitions, and we expect at least three goals to be scored.
Bundesliga Multi Bet
Bayer 04 Leverkusen – 1. FSV Mainz 05
Tip: Leverkusen win
Borussia Dortmund – 1899 Hoffenheim
Tip: Over 2.5
VfB Stuttgart – Hertha BSC
Tip: Over 1.5
Werder Bremen – SC Freiburg
Tip: Both teams to score
1. FC Union Berlin – FC Schalke 04
Tip: Both teams to score
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.