Brighton vs Everton match preview
Everton travel to American Express Community Stadium to take on Brighton on Monday night in the Premier League. Brighton head into the clash following a 2-1 loss to Manchester United last week, a game that was surrounded by VAR’s controversy.
On the other end, Everton will be aiming to bounce back after going for four matches without a victory. Their most recent clash was against Crystal Palace where they were held to a 1-1 draw at home.
The Toffees are ninth on the log with 47 points after 29 matches while Brighton are six points above relegation and a win will put them in a better position to escape the axe.
- Everton are winless in their last four matches in all competitions.
- The Toffees have suffered only three away losses in their last 14 Premier League matches.
- Brighton have only picked seven wins in their last 14 home Premier League matches.
- Carlo Ancelotti’s men have only managed to keep three clean sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- On the other end, Brighton have kept only two clean sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- In their last eight matches in all competitions, the hosts have registered two wins, a single draw while losing five in the process.
- Meanwhile, Everton have registered three wins, a single draw while losing four of their last eight matches in all competitions.
Brighton vs Everton Head to Head
In the last six Premier League meeting between the two teams, Everton have beaten Brighton four times, while losing twice in the process.
In the first leg of the current season, Everton proved to be too strong for Brighton as they registered 4-2 victory.
Brighton Team News
Solly March and Tariq Lamptey are on the sidelines with injuries and will miss the home tie.
Florin Andone and Aaron Connolly are also nearing returns but remain a doubt.
Everton Team News
The Toffees have a number of players who will miss Everton’s visit to Brighton. Bernard, Abdoulaye Doucouré, André Gomes, Fabian Delph and Jordan Pickford are all on the sidelines.
Brighton vs Everton Prediction
Everton are aiming to secure European football next season while Brighton are keen to avoid being relegated.
Brighton are unbeaten in all three home league meetings with Everton and have won the last two. Another home win would not be a surprise.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally in various competitions and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Monday Multi Bets
West Bromwich Albion – Southampton
Tip: Over 1.5
Celta Vigo – Sevilla
Tip: Over 1.5
1899 Hoffenheim – Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Tip: over 1.5
Kasımpaşa – Yeni Malatyaspor
Tip: Over 2.5
Fenerbahçe – Gaziantep FK
Tip: Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.