Tottenham Hotspur vs. Royal Antwerp Match preview
Tottenham Hotspur welcome Royal Antwerp in North London on Thursday evening to determine which side takes the top rank of Group J.
Antwerp won 1-0 against Spurs in the reverse fixture on matchday two and are two points clear ahead of their opponents heading into this final match, with both teams already assured of a place in the knockout stages.
Spurs are coming into this game after a 2-0 victory against Arsenal in their domestic League, while Antwerp lost 4-2 away to KRC Genk in Belgium Pro League.
- Tottenham Hotspur has won six times and drawn twice in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- The Spurs have registered five clean-sheets in the last eight matches in all competitions.
- Royal Antwerp has registered just one clean-sheet in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- The Great Old De marginal have featured in 15 Belgium Pro League matches this season winning seven times, drawn four times, and lost four times.
- Tottenham Hotspur has won all four home matches in all competitions this season.
- Royal Antwerp has registered just one away win out of four matches in all competitions this season.
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Royal Antwerp Head to Head
These teams have met once, just the previous Europa League where the match ended 1-0 in favor of Royal Antwerp.
Tottenham Hotspur Team News
Tanguy Ndombele and Erik Lamela are Tottenham’s only two injury concerns who are likely to miss in action for hosts, Ndombele missed the Arsenal game with a minor issue.
Centre-back Joe Rodon will miss in action for he was not named in Mourinho’s Europa League squad in time.
Gareth Bale, Lucas Moura, Vinicius Junior and Alli will be a regular European XI for Mourinho.
Royal Antwerp Team News
Matheus and Sander Coopman will miss the trip to London because they are nursing injuries.
A point for Antwerp will enable them to finish top, so Leko will name his strongest possible side, which should be led by Lior Refaelov, who has three goals in five Group J matches.
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Royal Antwerp Prediction
Spurs may have lost in the first encounter with Antwerp – the first competitive encounter between the sides – but they now know exactly what they have to do if they are to finish first.
Spurs have had an impressive home play and there will be no difference with this one.
Goals – Over 2.5
The previous encounter the two teams have produced more than two goals; therefore chances of registering more than two goals are likely to be on the scoreboard.
We expect more goals to be produced in this match therefore over 2.5 markets ascertained by our pundits
Thursday Multi Bets
1899 Hoffenheim – KAA Gent
Tip: Hoffenheim win / Over 2.5
FC Slovan Liberec – FK Crvena zvezda
Tip: Over 2.5
Leicester City – AEK Athens
Tip: Leicester Win / Over 2.5
Sporting Braga – Zorya Luhansk
Tip: Braga win / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.