Paris Saint-Germain Vs. Barcelona match preview
Parc des Princes is the venue hosting the second leg of the Round of 16 in the Champions League between Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona on Wednesday night.
The Parisians seem to have placed one leg to the next stage in the Champions League with a 4-1 victory in the first leg.
PSG is performing well in their domestic League, previously registering a 1-0 against Bordeaux in Ligue 1 and latest thrashing Stade Brestois 29, 3-0 in Coupe de France. The Parisians are in second place with 2 points behind leaders Lille in Ligue 1 after 28 matches
Barca have lost in the first leg and will be aiming to bounce back when they meet their opponent in the second leg. Ronald Koeman’s side are doing great in the other campaigns previously registering a 2-0 away to Osasuna in La Liga.
Barcelona also sits second in La Liga table standings with 3 points behind the leaders Atletico Madrid who are 59 points after 26 games.
- Paris Saint-Germain have won eight and suffered two losses in the last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- The Parisians have registered six clean-sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Barcelona has registered four clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Barca have won six, drawn once, and suffered three losses in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Mauricio Pochettino’s men have registered more than two goals in six of the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Ronald Koeman’s side have registered four away wins in the last five matches in all competitions this season.
Paris Saint-Germain Vs. Barcelona Head to Head
These teams have had ten encounters, nine in UEFA Champions League and a single Club Friendly Games.
Barca has managed to win four times and PSG winning three and registering three draws. In the latest encounter, the Parisians thrashed their opponent 4-1. There have been 41 goals scored in their meetings;
Paris Saint-Germain Team News
Mauricio Pochettino will have to play without Neymar and Alessandro Florence with adductor Moise Kean recovering from coronavirus.
Barcelona Team News
Koeman will have to play without Ronald Araujo with an ankle injury, Sergi Roberto with a muscle injury, Gerard Pique medial collateral ligament knee injury, Philippe Coutinho rupture of the outer meniscus.
Paris Saint-Germain Vs. Barcelona Prediction
Barca will be working to redeem themselves from the huge deficit while PSG is determined to progress to the next stage.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally and we expect Over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
J. League games – Over 1.5 Market
- Avispa Fukuoka – Yokohama F. Marinos
- Urawa Red Diamonds – Yokohama FC
- Cerezo Osaka – Shimizu S-Pulse
- Kawasaki Frontale – Tokushima Vortis
- Sagan Tosu – Vegalta Sendai
- Sanfrecce Hiroshima – Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.