Borussia Dortmund Vs. Sevilla match preview
Signal Iduna Park will host the second leg of the Round of 16 in the Champions League between Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla on Tuesday night.
In the first leg of the Champions League, BVB bagged a 3-2 win away to Rojiblancos, broadening the chances of progressing to the next round.
BVB lost 4-2 against Bayern Munchen in the domestic Campaign, placing them in the 6th spot with 39 points gathered in 24 games.
Sevilla on the other hand, lost 3-0 against Barcelona in Copa del Rey and previously again suffered a 2-1 loss away to Elche CF in LaLiga recording 48 points in 4th place after 25 matches.
- Borussia Dortmund have won six, drawn once, and suffered two losses in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The BVB have registered three clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Sevilla has registered four clean-sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- The Rojiblancos have won four and suffered four losses in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- Edin Terzic’s men have registered more than two goals in eight of the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Julen Lopetegui’s side have registered three away wins in the last five matches in all competitions this season.
Borussia Dortmund Vs. Sevilla Head to Head
These teams have met three times, back in 2010 in UEFA Europa League, whereby Sevilla won 1-0 in the first leg and drew 2-2 in the return leg.
In the previous encounter they met in UEFA Champions League, BVB carried the day with a 3-2 win.
Borussia Dortmund Team News
BVB will have to play without Axel Witsel who is nursing Achilles tendon rupture and Marcel Schmelzer who underwent knee surgery.
Sevilla Team News
Sevilla currently have no major injury concern, therefore Julen Lopetegui will have a vast squad to select from.
Borussia Dortmund Vs. Sevilla Prediction
Sevilla know very clearly in the back of the mind they have a task ahead and will work mostly on defensive and striking force; not to allow any goal in their net and ensure quick response to the previous results.
BVB on the other hand is not expected to relax with the last results and will fight to score to stretch their possibility.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally and we expect Over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Tuesday Multi Bets
VVV-Venlo – Sparta Rotterdam
Tip: Over 2.5
Jong PSV Eindhoven – FC Dordrecht
Tip: Over 2.5
Blackburn Rovers – Swansea City
Tip: Over 1.5
Bolton Wanderers – Cambridge United
Tip: Both teams to score
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.