Manchester City Vs. Borussia Dortmund match preview
On Tuesday night Manchester City will be playing host to Borussia Dortmund in the first leg of the Champions League Quarter-finals at Etihad Stadium.
The Citizens are leading the table standings in the Premier League with 74 points, this is after a 2-0 win against Leicester City on Saturday evening.
City progressed to this stage after winning against Borussia M’gladbach home and away, the meetings that recorded 2-0.
BVB lost 2-1 in Eintracht Frankfurt in Bundesliga, they qualified for this stage by registering a win away to Sevilla and drew 2-2 at home.
BVB are in fifth place with 43 points after 27 games.
- Manchester City have won nine times and suffered a single loss in the last ten matches in all competitions this season
- The Citizens have registered six clean-sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions this season.
- Borussia Dortmund has registered four clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- BVB have won five, drawn twice, and suffered two losses in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Pep Guardiola’s men have at least registered more than two goals, four times in the last ten matches in all competitions.
- Edin Terzic’s side have registered three away wins in all the last five matches in all competitions this season.
Manchester City Vs. Borussia Dortmund Head to Head
These teams have met five times in three different competitions; Club Friendly, UEFA Champions, and International Champions Cup. BVB has managed to register a single win in each of the competitions.
Manchester City managed a single win coming from the International Champions Cup. The Previous encounter ended 1-0 in favor of Borussia Dortmund.
Manchester City Team News
The hosts have no reported injury concerns so far.
Borussia Dortmund Team News
Roman Burki has returned to fitness but Marwin Hitz may still remain at the spot in the post.
Dan-Axel Zagadou, Marcel Schmelzer, Axel Witsel, and Jadon Sancho will be missed for their side with injuries but Youssoufa Moukoko will be assessed.
Manchester City Vs. Borussia Dortmund Prediction
BVB will be aiming to bounce back after two winless runs and keep their history against the host. Manchester City is in form and seems to enjoy their current winning trend.
The Citizens will be aiming to use their home advantage to book one leg to the semi-finals.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally and we expect over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Tuesday Multi Bets
Norwich City – Huddersfield Town
Tip: Norwich win / Over 2.5
1. FC Heidenheim – Holstein Kiel
Tip: Over 1.5
Western Sydney Wanderers – Central Coast Mariners
Tip: Both teams to score
Atlético Bucaramanga – Patriotas Boyacá
Tip: Over 1.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.