Brazil Vs. Ecuador match preview
Brazil will play host to Ecuador on Saturday morning at Estadio Municipal de Maracana in the fifth match of World Cup Qualifiers.
Selecao have started the campaign in the world cup qualifiers strongly winning all the four matches, now they are leading the group table standings with 12 points.
The previous match ended 2-0 away to ten man Uruguay, the first-half two goals from Arther in the 34th minute and Lodi Richarlison in the 45th minute were enough for Tite’s side to bag the three points.
Ecuador too started it quite well with three wins and a single 1-0 loss against Argentina, previously thrashing Colombia 6-1.
The visitors are now in third position with nine points, in the latest encounter was in International Friendly Games the match that ended 2-1 in their favor.
Ecuador took the lead in the 38th minute through Fidel Martinez, Michael Estrada slotting the second in the 59th minute while Moreno Rodrigo pulled a consolation goal for the visitor in the ninetieth minute.
- Brazil have won five, drawn twice and suffered a single loss in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- Selecao have registered four clean-sheets in their last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- Ecuador has registered a single clean-sheet in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- The visitors have won five and suffered three losses in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- Tite’s men have at least registered more than two goals, three in the last eight matches in all competitions this season.
- Gustavo Alfaro’s side have registered a single away win in the last three matches in all competitions this season.
Brazil Vs. Ecuador Head to Head
These teams have met nine times in various competitions, Brazil bagging six wins while Ecuador getting a single consolation win drawing twice. The previous encounter ended 2-0 in favor of the Selecao back in 2017.
Brazil Team News
Tite may consider to keep his back four the likes of Danilo, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva and Renan Becker. Neymar, if given a nod here, will be making 104th international appearance.
Ecuador Team News
Ecuador will miss the services of Plata who was sent off during their match against Colombia where he is serving a single match-ban but will be back in the next fixture against Peru on Tuesday.
Brazil Vs. Ecuador Prediction
Ecuador here know very well, if they win they may leapfrog to top tie with their opponent holding Argentina results constant. Meanwhile Brazil will be looking to stretch their lead here with a win.
while 1XBet is giving 1.26 Odds.
Goals – Over 2.5
Both teams have been producing more than two goals occasionally in various competitions and we expect Over 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits. Betway are backing the market with 1.60 while 1XBet is placing odds at 1.63.
Saturday Multi Bets
Central Coast Mariners – Western United
Tip: Over 2.5
Newcastle Jets – Perth Glory
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Jeonnam Dragons – Seoul E-Land FC
Tip: Over 1.5
Busan I Park – Gyeongnam FC
Tip: Over 1.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.