Tottenham Vs. Brentford match preview
Championship side Brentford take a trip to play Tottenham in the EFL cup semi-finals on Tuesday night at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. In the history of football, the last time Spurs reached finals was six years ago, and will be aiming to break that long wait. Spurs thrashed Leeds United 3-0 on Saturday whereby Matt Doherty was sent off after getting two yellow cards.
On the other hand, the latest match scheduled over the weekend between Brentford and Bristol City was postponed due Coronavirus scare, but on 30th December, the Bees had beaten Bournemouth 2-1. Brentford sit 4th with 6 points adrift to leaders Norwich who has accrued 47 points in 23 matches in Championship League.
Meanwhile, the Spurs sit temporarily 3rd with 29 points 4 points behind leaders Liverpool.
- Brentford have won six times and drawn thrice in their last nine matches in all competition this season.
- The Bees have kept three clean sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Tottenham Hot Spurs has registered three clean sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Spurs have won eight, drawn five times, and suffered three losses in their last 16 Premier League matches.
- Mourinho’s men have registered more than two goals in two of the last six matches in all competitions this season.
- Franks’ side have registered three away wins in their last four Championship matches this season.
Tottenham Hot Spurs Vs. Brentford Head to Head
These teams have not met before is their first encounter.
Matt Doherty will miss for Spurs after receiving two yellow cards in their victory against Leeds United, this will make a call for Serge Aurier to deputise him in his spot making his first appearance 20th December.
Son and Harry Kane are available for their spots while Dele Alli and Lucas Moura could deputize Tanguy Ndombele and Steven Bergwijn.
Also, Spurs will be without the Welshman Gareth Bale who joined on loan from Real Madrid this summer, with Calf injury.
Tottenham Hot Spurs Vs. Brentford Prediction.
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho has a history of winning a trophy at every club he has managed. It is expected for him to guide Spurs to the Wembley final of the Carabao Cup. Brentford have been doing great in this competition but this will be a different version altogether.
Goals – Over 2.5
In their domestic leagues, these teams have shown a high scoring rate when they meet with their opponents. It is expected more goals will be registered in this encounter.
Tuesday Multi Bets
Gaziantep Futbol Kulübü – MKE Ankaragücü
Tip: Both teams to score
Konyaspor – Galatasaray
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Linares Deportivo – Sevilla
Tip: Sevilla win / Over 2.5
Zamora – Villarreal
Tip: Villarreal win / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.