Everton Vs. Southampton match preview
Southampton travel to Goodison Park to take on Everton in their Premier League matchday 26 at Goodison Park on Monday night.
The Toffees are in seventh place with 40 points after they pulled a 2-0-win surprise over Liverpool Saturday last week in the domestic League. The goals from Richarlison in the third minute and Sigurdsson’s penalty were enough for Ancelotti’s side.
On the other hand, the Saints are struggling in the domestic League having seven winless runs, previously they lost 3-0 in the hands of Leeds United. Southampton is in the 14th spot with 30 points gathered in 25 matches.
- Everton have won four times, drawn twice, and suffered three losses in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Toffees have registered two clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Southampton has registered two clean-sheets in their last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- The Saints have won twice, drawn once, and suffered six losses in the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Carlo Ancelotti’s men have registered more than two goals in five of the last nine matches in all competitions this season.
- Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side have registered a single away win in the last four matches in all competitions this season.
Everton Vs. Southampton Head to Head
In the last four encounters, the Saints have managed to bag two Premier League wins whereas Everton managed a single win and drawn once. In the previous encounter, the visitors registered a 2-0 win over the Toffees.
Everton Team News
Allan and Dominic Calvert-Lewin were fit only to see the bench in their 2-0 derby win against Liverpool and are likely to make the start. Yerry Mina is still sidelined with an injury.
Southampton Team News
Oriol Romeu is out for the rest of the season with an ankle fracture, affirmed by the boss Ralph. Alexandre Jankewitz who was sent off in his debut early this year is likely to deputize Ibrahima Diallo who is sidelined.
Takumi Minamino will miss out with a hamstring problem, the saints will be boosted after Stuart Armstrong is back from injury and Danny Ings is likely to be recalled after he was dropped during their loss against Leeds United.
Everton Vs. Southampton Prediction.
The Saints seem to lose concentration in the midst of the game, they start well and lack the drive to maintain and focus on the winning. On the other hand, Everton is likely to ride in the spirit of the previous results of 2-0 over Liverpool and will be aiming to maintain the winning ways.
Goals – Under 2.5
Both teams have been producing less than three goals occasionally and we expect under 2.5 Markets as predicted by our pundits.
Monday Multi Bets
Real Madrid – Real Sociedad
Tip: Over 1.5
SL Benfica – Rio Ave
Tip: Benfica win / Over 2.5
Moreirense – Belenenses SAD
Tip: Under 2.5
FC St. Pauli – Hamburger SV
Tip: Over 2.5 / Both teams to score
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.