Manchester United vs Aston Villa match preview
Manchester United set to play host to Aston Villa on New Year’s Day eyeing the opportunity to strengthen their contest for the top spot in the Premier League standings.
United has put together a nine-match unbeaten streak, their latest 1-0 victory coming against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday night. The Red Devils sit 2nd spot with 30 points, two points behind the league leaders; Liverpool.
Aston Villa sits 5th having played 14 matches with 26 points. The latest showdown was against Chelsea, a match that ended 1-1 draw.
- Manchester United have won six times, drawn twice and suffered two defeat in their last nine matches in all competitions.
- The Red Devils have kept three clean sheets in their last ten matches in all competitions.
- Aston Villa has registered five clean-sheets in their last nine Premier League matches.
- The Claret and Blue have won eight, drawn twice and lost four of their last 14 Premier League matches.
- Dean Smith’s men have registered more than two goals in six of the last nine matches in the Premier League this season.
- Ole Gunnar’s side have produced more than two goals in six of their last eight matches in all competitions.
- Aston Villa have registered three away wins in their last five Premier League matches this season.
Manchester United – Aston Villa Head to Head
The last time Aston Villa registered a win against the Red Devils was back in 2009 in Premier League and the latest encounter was in Club Friendly Games whereby the match ended 1-0 in favor of Aston Villa.
Manchester United Team News
Luke Shaw is likely to take the place of Alex Telles at left-back, having come from the bench against Wolves.
Fred and Scott McTominay expected to get the start over Nemanja Matic and Paul Pogba.
Anthony Martial is in line to come in for Edinson Cavani, but Mason Greenwood is likely to retain his spot ahead of Daniel James.
Bruno Fernandes will continue his run of appearances in the number-10 role, leaving Donny van de Beek to remain among options.
Eric Bailly should continue alongside Harry Maguire in the middle of the defence.
Aston Villa Team News
Smith welcomes back Ross Barkley and Tyrone Mings from injury and suspension respectively. On new year’s Day, Villa will be without Winger Trezeguet with a hamstring injury.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Prediction.
Goals, especially given United just played in a 1-0 and Villa a 1-1 and the pair have combined for the first- and fifth-most shot attempts per game this season, second and third when considering only those on target
Goals – Over 2.5
In numerous encounters between these teams, more than two goals have been produced and the same reflection is expected in this showdown.
Friday Multi Bets
Everton – West Ham United
Tip: Both teams to score / Over 2.5
Pyramids FC – El-Entag El-Harby
Tip: Pyramids win / Over 2.5
Al Shamal SC – Lusail City
Tip: Al Shamal win / Over 2.5
Football analyst! Biggest fan of local and international football. Mostly, loves keeping an eye on the upcoming players, always trying to bring debate on youngsters’ potential of becoming the next big thing in the world of football and of, course writing some pieces about them.